I have a long list. It better be a big lantern.

We arrived at the Chiang Mai airport and went through the same dance, how odd I became so used to traveling, as if it were some kind of second nature. Before that we had a flight from La Paz in Bolivia to the capital of Thailand - Bangkok- then we had a local flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Thank goodness this was the last trip, we were drying up our bank accounts!

What better way to experience the local life than taking a tuk-tuk ride to the hotel. We requested that we have a guide (with extensive knowledge) which we paid quite handsomely to give us the proper Thai experience.

The hustle of the city, the life that fills it. Certainly nothing is more beautiful.

"They are preparing for the lantern festival. The meals, the lights, the lanterns...there is to be a feast later on, it is quite the occasion. it is a religious ceramony of thanks" Cecilia said with coolness.

"Google?"

"Obviously."

***

We wore toga-like dresses we bought from Greece, we wore bracelets we bought from Bolivia that were as colorful and vibrant as the country itself, attached to them were singular lavenders that dried along the way. This was the curtain call, the closure we both needed. We draped ourselves with our journey's findings as if they were trophies. In each country, a part of ourselves was lost, but a newer part attained. We looked into the mirror, aware, so sure, that this journey-despite its multiple tumbles-was a rebirth. A process so obscure, ambiguous, agonizing, necessary, delightful, wondrous, unworldly, and we accept it with grateful hearts.

The phone rang, Cecilia answered it, with a smile from ear to ear.

"Are you ready Jilly?"

"As I'll ever be Cici."

We wondered into the reception, our guide of course awaiting our departure, and a man. Around our age, with dark hair and remarkable posture. The faint dust formed shape of Cecilia lingered beside me, as she launched herself towards him. She hugged him amorously as he looked at her with such...love.

"Ohhhhhhh" was all I said.

"Something wrong Miss Jillian?" my guide inquired.

"Nothing buddy. Just put the last piece of the puzzle."

He smoothed her hair, kissed her cheeks, and then really kissed her. He then murmured something in her ear that made her giggle so loud the whole reception took notice. That's where the giggling was coming from. Touché sir, I salute you!

"Get a room! Or hurry up we have a festival to go to!"

I disturbed their little reunion, Cecilia held his hand and guided him to me.

"Jillian" she started, "this is Vincent." As if the name alone should be an identification.

"And he is..."

"He is the old couple's grandson. I met him there."

"Ohhhhhhh" the prolonged-I-just-realized-oh.

"She is taking it well as far as I can tell." His dense French accent.

"He has a French accent, dude that is super cool. Say something in French."

And he did.

"So good", high off dense accents, "Well nice to meet you Vincent, if you got Cecilia to smile like an idiot and giggle like a preschooler you are fine in my books." I turned to Cecilia which had a loop-sided smile, "Cici can we go now? Bring lover boy with you!"