𝐗𝐈𝐕 ー 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑

The moment the phone is held out, the couple beam brightly at the screen. "Oh!" Eiza exclaims. "She's just the cutest. Oh look at her."

"No thanks to me." Kaden wraps an arm around Sierra's shoulders. His muttered comment about his appearance earning a frown of a disapproval from her off camera.

"Oh she's waking up." Diego gasps and almost drops his phone out of excitement, patting Eiza's thigh as a thank you when she steadies his hand. "Hi baby cupcake." Sierra shakes her head at the nickname. "Look at those eyes. She got those from her dad."

"Sierra did everything go okay? Was Kaden supportive? I'll be there in a heartbeat if you say he wasn't."

"He was." She chuckles at his frown. "And I'd say it went okay. I wasn't alone, not even for a second. That's what matters to me most."

Eiza proceeds to utter something in Spanish while lifting up Rosalia. Diego moving the screen closer to focus on his little girl. "Look," she points. "That's your future sister. You're gonna be best friends." Eiza kisses her head when it drops onto her shoulder.

"Hey," Diego lowers his voice. "Any word from Grayson?" Kaden shakes his head. "I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. We both know how he gets."

"He doesn't like babies!" Eiza shouts in the background. "How can he not like babies? They're little bundles of joy." Rosalia is lifted into the air, giggles tumbling freely from her wide grin. Diego immediately loses his focus when she lowers the ecstatic girl to cover her rosy cheeks with kisses.

□ ■ □

A doctor scribbles something down before clicking the pen and returning it to his pocket. Handing the chart to the nurse behind the desk, he squints at the couple behind the partly opened blinds.

"Why is he still here? Visitation hours are over. In fact visitation ended hours ago." His brows raise upon checking his watch to find it's nearly midnight.

"Yeah but my gut is telling me he's not the kind of guy you mess with and on this occasion, I'm gonna trust my gut. You should listen to it too."

Out of curiosity, he turns to view Kaden standing from the bed to take his daughter into his arms with a loving smile. Sierra is taken back. Admiring how she appears even smaller in his armsー something she didn't think would be possible.

All her worries melt into nothing. Seeing him like this, seeing him swaying her side to side to lull her to sleep peacefully, it's enough to confirm they'll be just fine. He looks natural. He's perfect.

□ ■ □

Crossing the hotel room to check her phone, Hayley gasps in surprise. Preston comes to stand behind her with his hands on her shoulders. Mirroring her smile when she shows him the picture of the three of them huddled together.

She's not sure what it is that shocks her most: the adorable baby curled comfortably in her arms or the fact that Kaden is smiling. Hayley places a hand over her heart and leans into her husband's endearing embrace.

Sarinah brings a hand to her mouth when a new message appears on her phone. Taking a seat beside Avery, the delighted couple beam at the picture of Sierra holding their granddaughter with a wide smile.