𝐈𝐗 ー 𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐃𝐄

The overworked bulb hums above the men seated around the table. One circling until he stops in a gap between old wooden seats.

"We want the girl." Langdon rests his palms against the table. "But we can't get the girl because the Roman brothers are protecting her. So, how do we lure her away from them and get her alone long enough to slit her throat, hm?"

"I have an idea." Blayn speaks up. "PJ sent me a message before he disappeared with the others." On cue Rio slides the laptop across the desk to let him type in the address. Vinson and Finn leaning over to scan the screen.

"This'll get her alone?"

"I guarantee it'll work." 

"Alright." He nods, pleased. "Let's go."

□ ■ □

Sierra jolts awake, unintentionally shoving the hand away from her arm and sitting up. Heavy breaths filling the quiet space.

"What?" She frowns, arms folding over herself to shy away from his hard stare.

"You had a nightmare." Kaden explains.

Reading the clock on the nightstand that reaches four o'clock in the morning, she then clamps a hand over her mouth and bolts from the bed. Kaden following her into the bathroom where she raises a hand.

"No." She keeps her back to him. "Don't. Just leave me alone." She lowers the lid and flushes the toilet. "I don't want you to see me like this." She wipes her mouth with a grimace. Knees hurting from the hard floor.

"You think I don't wanna see you carrying my baby?"

Inevitably she softens at his words. Slowly standing after accepting his hand, she leans over the sink to fill her cheeks with as much mouthwash as possible. Not stopping until she's repeated the process at least two more times.

"Ugh." She hunches over the sink with a hand supporting her forehead. A larger, warmer one running along her back.

□ ■ □

Following the same routine the next sleepless night, Sierra finishes brushing her teeth before returning to the quiet bedroom. About to ease back into bed when her phone illuminates the space.

Checking on Kaden, who she miraculously managed to not wake this time, she closes the door to take the call down the hallway.

"Are you okay?"

"Sierra?"

"Preston." She frowns. "Why are you calling me on Hayley's phone?"

"You should come to the hospital. It's bad."

Lips parting she rushes to grab the first set of keys she finds on the coffee table. Hand grasping the nearest coat and feet slipping into the pair of shoes closest to the door.

Striding through the maze of brightly lit corridors until she discovers a distraught Preston pacing back and forth. He meets her half way. Struggling to utter her name as she steps past to peer through the window. A hand flying to her mouth.