𝐕 ー 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑

Partly rolling his injured shoulder with a crease of his brows, Kaden kicks the door shut behind him. Keys landing on the coffee table with a clink as Grayson steps into view with his hands in his trouser pockets.

"Suppose it's good to see you back in one piece." Kaden merely groans and drops onto the sofa. "Care to explain where you've been?"

"Nope."

Grayson scoffs and descends the two steps that lead to the couch. "I don't hear from you for almost three days and I don't even get an explanation?"

"I had business."

"You went to see her didn't you?" Kaden sighs. "I take it she told you what happened. Go ahead." He sits on the outstretched section. "Reprimand me like you're my father." Kaden rolls his eyes. "I've heard it all before. Get it out of your system so we can move on and sort this out."

"Move on?"

"I'm willing to accept the fact that this is just a crush and it'll blow over eventually. So come on, yell at me for not having finished the job then help me."

"That's not..." He runs a hand over his face. "I don't have the energy for this right now."

"You always have the energy to be pissed off."

"Yes!" He shouts. "But I don't have the energy to try to make you see through my eyes right now. I thought it'd be easier given we're practically the same person but this has made me realise we have more differences than I thought. I was just oblivious to them before."

"We're not different, Kaden, we were just separated because of my sentence. But I'm out. I'm here now. Nothing will ever come between us again."

"Stop, just stop. I can't keep going through this cycle with you. I don't know what you have against her but she is not the problem. You are. You're so stubborn."

"You are too."

"At least I let myself feel." He says flatly.

Grayson glimpses his tatted hands pressed against together. "I made the mistake in letting myself feel once before. You know what it did to me, you know it almost tore me apart. I don't want you going through that."

"Emilia used you. She got in your head, she manipulated you. Sierra is nothing like her. I get that you hold grudges because I do too but not every woman is like her. Not every woman is out to break your heart."

"You don't know that. You know we can't underestimate anyone."

"Just remember that applies to me too." He looks up from the floor. "If you do anything to her, don't expect to like the outcome." Kaden rises to his feet. "You know me better than anyone, don't underestimate the things I'll do if you ignore my warnings."

□ ■ □

Stuttered name passing her lips in a broken plea, Sierra sits upright with an abrupt inhale. Scraping her hair back she throws the covers off of her body and slips the jacket over her bare arms. Phone obtained from the nightstand.

"Hey." Diego greets when they meet in the doorway. "Can't sleep? Neither can Rosa." He tiredly smiles and holds up the bottle in his hand. "You going somewhere?"