𝐈𝐈 ー 𝐀𝐅𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

Sierra slips her arms into the black leather jacket. "Alright. It's been three days, I think it's safe enough to go back to get some things. By now they should've given up and moved on to search elsewhere."

"You think?" Hayley pulls a doubtful face.

"I don't know what to think anymore. They're unpredictable." She shrugs a shoulder and grabs the car key.

"And if it isn't safe and you're walking into their trap?"

"Then remember that I love you."

"Sierra."

"I mean it. I have no idea what's waiting for me around the next corner but I'm taking it one step at a time."

"Justー come home."

She offers a half smile on her way out the door. The journey to her house is smooth, no complications or hiccups much to her fortune. No suspicious vehicles lurking nearby either.

First she jogs upstairs to hastily stuff necessities into her bag. Next she floats downstairs into the living room, slinging it over her shoulder while searching the chest of drawers.

The hairs on her body stand tall. A sixth sense seeming to kick in which encourages her to slide the drawer shut and whirl around, locking eyes with Grayson. Breaths faltering when Kaden appears to his right.

She backs up into the chest of drawers but it's still too close for her liking. "Stay the hell away from me." Her legs retreat towards the fireplace.

"I do love the chase." Grayson smirks.

"You're gonna enjoy it a lot more because I don't plan on dying today." He only chuckles. "I said don't come any closer."

"Come now, Sierra. Don't make this any harder than it has to be." He's directly behind the couch now. Hand curling around his phone which he unlocks. "Your friend gave us a hard time and look what happened to her."

Sierra takes one look at the picture of Amy's mangled body and turns her head to the side, bringing a hand to her agape mouth. Acrid bile rises in the back of her throat. Hot tears pricking at her eyes.

"I'm sure you recognise where this was taken. In fact she died right where I'm standing." He pushes the phone into his back pocket, revelling in the horror sticking to her pale face.

When she glances to the man beside him and he shows no sign of solicitude, she sets her sights upon the smirking murderer again.

"You're sick. You need help."

A darkness descends over his eyes. "I don't appreciate being called crazy."

"But you are!"

A tut of disapproval. "I was gonna go easy on you." He begins to step around the couch and her shoulder blades press firmly against the ledge above the fireplace. "I was gonna make it less painful for you this time."

"You're not taking my life too." An inward kick at herself for sounding anything but confident.

"Yes, I am."