CHAPTER 44

Astrid was woken up by the sounds of knocking, well it was more of a rapt sound, a scraping on a window rather than a knock.

She got up careful not to wake Regulus and walked to her window where a bird hovered, scroll in hand.

Astrid opened the window taking the scroll from the bird before closing it back again.

Dear Miss Winston,

I need to talk to all of you. I'll be here in five minutes.

Albus Dumbledore.

"What does Dumbledore want?" Astrid muttered, turning to wake up Regulus, he stirred muttering a jumble of words probably questioning his abrupt awakening, "I'm sorry but it seems that Dumbledore wants to talk to us about something. I'm not sure what but it's probably important if he's coming so late."

Regulus rubbed his eyes, "Fuck, what does he want?"

"I'm not sure but I think he wants to talk to all of us?" Astrid shrugged, "Can you wake up everyone upstairs and I'll do the people on this floor."

Regulus nodded before walking out of their room half asleep.

Astrid got up from the bed deciding to wake up Xinya and Violetta first since they were the closest to her, plus it was going to take forever to wake Remus up from the coma he called sleep.

However, when she got to the end of the hallway she heard voices whispering in the darkness, coming in the direction of the balcony.

"Bloody hell," Astrid muttered as she walked onto the balcony to see the sight of Violetta and Xinya kissing.

They sprung back immediately, stuttering as they tried to find the words to explain to Astrid why she hadn't just seen what she just saw.

"Umm... Dumbledore is going to be here in five minutes and I think he wants to talk to all of us." Astrid said quickly before turning to leave.

"What's going on, you look like you've seen a ghost?" Remus muttered rubbing his eyes, "Regulus woke me up, I think he tripped over something Sirius left out. Made a lot of fucking noise."

"Oh, it's nothing. Since you're awake we need to all go downstairs to the living room. Dumbledore just sent me an owl and he's going to be here in five minutes."

Remus groaned turning to walk down the stairs, "Sirius I told you to return the toaster to the fucking kitchen, for fucks sake!"

Astrid picked up the toaster dropping it into the kitchen before walking into the living room where everyone now sat tired.

A couple of minutes passed before Astrid heard knocking on her front door, she opened the door quickly revealing her old headmaster.

"Professor Dumbledore, what's going on?" Astrid asked as he sat down in one of the free armchairs by the fireplace, "Has something happened in Hogwarts?"

Dumbledore shook his head, "No Miss Winston everything is fine. Excuse me but it seems like we are missing someone, has anyone seen Miss Wu?"

Xinya walked into the living room, "Albus, how did you know I was here?"

"I know everything Xinya, including the knowledge that you and Violetta bear the same mark on your left forearm," Dumbledore said glancing at Regulus who squirmed in his seat.

"What do you mean Professor?" James asked confused by his words, "Professor Wu was our duelling teacher, they can't be with you-know-who"

Xinya shook her head, "Albus is right James, I was formerly working with you-know-who but if Albus knows everything like he claims he does, he knows that I left his ranks a couple of days ago."