CHAPTER 30

"Hello, hello, hello, students professors, you are all looking fine today, well I know I am." Gilderoy Lockhart announced, his voice echoing through the speakers "Welcome to Gryffindor v Slytherin!"

The crowd roared; the sound almost deafening to Violetta who was now sneaking away up to Dumbledore's office.

According to her estimates, she had around 15 minutes to get to Dumbledore's office, find the resurrection stone, and get out.

"Shirley Temple," Violetta said aloud, Xinya had told her the password so getting into the office wasn't hard.

The hard part was finding the resurrection stone, and with the sheer amount of junk in Dumbledore's office, it was going to be like finding a needle in a fucking ocean.

Violetta immediately made a beeline to Dumbledore's desk, opening all the draws and riffling around.

When she didn't find anything she tried to search the floors and the cabinets.

No luck- so she tried the bookshelves even the phoenix cage but still nothing.

"If Dumbledore has this bloody stone it's not in here," Violetta said admitting defeat as she scanned the room one last time.

While doing so she tripped over a folding piece of carpet falling on one of the cabinets behind her.

She could hear Dumbledore giving a speech outside as she frantically tried to put everything back.

Violetta was almost done, all she has to do was put an envelope back, as she picked it up the contents of it fell out.

"Merlin's sake." She groaned placing the papers back inside the envelope, her eyes were drawn to one of the news clippings.

It was grainy black and white but even so, she recognised the stone on the end of the necklace, a distinctive shape that only belonged to the resurrection stone.

Violetta read the text above it "Winston." She searched the rest of the papers before finding an old photograph of Dumbledore and some other man, underneath it was "Luca Winston and Albus Dumbledore, 1954."

She placed the photo and news clipping on the floor before pulling out her wand "Geminio" she muttered as they doubled.

Violetta stuffed the originals back in the envelope before folding the photos in her pocket and rushing back downstairs to the pitch, she had a game to win.

***

Casper tapped his foot on the grass as the final notes of the frog choir's song came to a close and he had no idea where Violetta was.

"Casper is your team ready to start?" Madame Hooch asked.

Luckily he could see Violetta walking towards the pitch, "Yes, we are ready."

Madame Hooch went to James, "Casper's ready, are you ready now."

James nodded before motioning to his team to huddle in for a quick speech.

Marlene had taken back her spot as beater along with Sirius, just for this game since Robert Turf was here along with a scout to watch both James and Casper play.

"Ok this is it, I know this isn't the final but I need you guys to treat it as if it is the final because this might be one of the most important matches I've played, no pressure though."

The Fifth Marauder - r.a.bOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara