CHAPTER 42

"Come on let's get you off the street." Xinya said using their arm to hold up a half-conscious Violetta, "Honestly it hasn't been a week since graduation, what on earth did you get yourself into."

Xinya guided Violetta to the three broomsticks hotel room she was staying at currently, they laid her gently on the bed before closing the door for some privacy.

"Violetta you need to wake up." Xinya said shaking Violetta's arm, "If you slip out of consciousness you may not come back out. You have serious trauma to your head, I probably need to get you to St Mungo's."

"No hospital." Violetta muttered her eyes heavy as she struggled to keep them open, "Hospitals ask questions."

"Then who do you want me to call, your parents, Casper?"

Tears pricked Violetta's eyes, "Casper wouldn't even come if you asked."

"I don't know what you want me to do- Violetta! Violetta!" Xinya said trying to shake awake the now unconscious Violetta, "Merlin's sake. Wǒ xiànzài gāi zěnme bàn."

Xinya huffed as she picked up the unconscious girl trying her best to lay her on the bed properly, pulling off her shoes and covering her with the blanket.

"Whose that?" Voldemort said walking into her room.

"Merlin ever thought of knocking." Xinya mumbled, "Just some girl I met last night."

"She dead?"

"No, just tired." Xinya said praying that the hair covering Violetta's face was enough to conceal her identity, "What are you doing here my Lord?"

"Urgent business, we need to talk somewhere without perked ears," Voldemort said offering an arm to Xinya.

Xinya looked back at Violetta one last time before holding Voldemort's arm and allowing him to apparate her to another destination.

"My Lord, what's going on?" Xinya asked as they looked around, "Why did you bring me here?"

There wasn't much to see around, Voldemort had apparated them to an abandoned building.

And from the lack of sound, it was obvious that they were the only people here for miles.

"Forgive my discreetness Xinya. It's just the fewer people that know about my assignment for you the better." Voldemort said pulling a sheet of paper out of his pocket, "I need you to find something for me."

"Find what?"

"The resurrection stone." Voldemort said handing them a message photo of the stone, "As you know I previously sent Violetta Black-Heatly on the same mission during her time at Hogwarts. Since her efforts were fruitless I have been doing some digging of my own."

Voldemort handed her a second photo, this one with writing on the back, "Mateo Winston and his wife Diana Winston. I have reason to believe that the stone was passed through the Winston household but later placed in secure protection in their Ministry."

"So what do you want me to do?"

Voldemort tutted, "I want you to break into the french ministry of magic and retrieve the stone for me before Dumbledore gets his hands on it."

Xinya looked down at the photos in her hand, "And how do you want me to break in, it's a secure building, not just anyone can break in."

Voldemort flipped the photo in her hand tapping the words written on the bottom, "Taken by Nicholas Flamel. You were a Runes teacher so you should know by now that Nicholas Flamel is sort of a map keeper. He should have a blueprint on the ministry of magic in his large collection, especially since he helped with the design of it. Find the map, find the stone and return to me."