CHAPTER 12

Play the song above when you see *
This chapter made me cry, so buckle up

The ride up to Dover was a long one, but as always an adventure with Remus was always music filled and included a ton of sweets.

The pair pulled in to Remus' house on the biggest seaside cliff in the area. The house was cheap, not to mention private due to the lack of neighbours.

Real estate agents tried and failed to sell houses in the area due to the 'wolves' inhabiting the area.

"Remus," A voice called out at they exited the car, the voice belonged to Lyall Lupin, Remus' father.

He brought his son into a hug "You've gotten so tall," he said; Remus was now like a foot taller than his dad. Though they both shared the same shaggy brown hair and small stoop.

Lyall turned to Astrid "How have you been dear, your parents miss you," he said before bringing her into a hug.

"I've been fine Mr Lupin," she said politely, before going to the back of the car and pulling out their trunks.

"How was Nelly," Lyall said pointing at the blue convertible he had gifted his son two years ago.

Nelly was rarely used, since Remus spent most his time at Hogwarts but he always found the time to go at least one journey with her per year.

"She was fine, the cloaking spell was brilliant," Remus said grabbing the bags from Astrid.

They then went inside Remus' childhood home.

The exterior of the house was painted a cream sort of white, with dark scratches on the lower floor from the times when Remus had escaped from the shed they had to put him in when he transformed.

The inside of the house was rather spacious, with pictures of the once happy family hung up on the walls protected by glass frames.

The atmosphere was rather light, for what was to come just mere days from now.

Astrid was lead to the living room and sat with Lyall as Remus dropped their bags in their individual rooms.

"So Astrid, have to been back to visit your parents in France recently?" Lyall asked in attempt to make awkward small talk.

Astrid's parents basically begged him to check if she was ok for them, and since she was staying over to help Remus was the perfect opportunity to do so.

"No," Astrid said politely, as she waited for Remus to come back down.

It was so obvious her parents asked Lyall to check up on her, and it's not like she didn't like her parents. She just couldn't go back and see the blame in their eyes.

"Um Dad," Remus said as he threw Astrid her coat "Can Astrid and I go for a quick walk," he asked as Astrid stood up.

Lyall nodded as Remus grabbed Astrid and pulled her out of the house.

They stopped when they arrived at the base of the cliff.

"I could sense how awkward you were feeling" Remus said as they began to walk towards the beach.

"How could you sense that?" She asked; the the wind was strong and the closer they came the louder it was when the waves crashed into the shore.

Remus lifted a finger and tapped his nose "It's the day before the full moon, everything seems heightened," he explained.

They walked to the edge of the seafront, and sat on the sand next to each other.

"I don't want to talk about my parents if you don't mind" she said quietly, playing with the sand next to her.