CHAPTER 36

⚠️// mention of scars

"So I think I've made up my mind." Astrid said holding out her copy of Wizarding Careers A-Z, "What do you think?"

Regulus looked up from the map, "You want to be an aurora, like in France?"

Astrid shook her head, "My parents have made it perfectly clear that they don't want me back so it will probably be for this ministry. My grades are probably good enough to get in."

"I can imagine you as an aurora, like your great at duelling."

"But duelling isn't the same as actually fighting someone. I don't know anyways, maybe I'll change my mind." Astrid shrugged flipping through the book, "How are you getting on with the caves."

Regulus sighed flipping the map so it was facing Astrid, "Turns out there's a shit ton of caves in England."

"It would actually help if we knew what we are looking for."

"I've gone over all of the magical artefact books and nowhere does it say anything about a soul locket."

"Well, I guess we have hit a wall." Astrid shrugged getting up and picking up her bag, "I have to go revision and shit."

"Ah right, exams are coming next week."

"Yep, not looking forward to those," Astrid muttered, the prospect of spending the next three weeks doing exams deeply unappealing to her.

"Good luck."

Astrid smiled, "Thanks Reg, see you around."

Astrid waved goodbye before leaving the clock tower and making her way down to the Gryffindor common room where the rest of her friends sat faces practically hurried in textbooks.

"Hey guys," She said sitting down next to Remus who gave her a quick look, "What's everyone revising for?"

"Defence of the dark arts." Marlene muttered as she twirled her wand, "It's the biggest exams we have to prepare for apart from a history of magic."

"The ministry is bringing in one of their top guys to conduct the test for us if having to face your worse fear wasn't bad enough." Peter sighed his pile of books larger than everyone else's.

"So boggarts are confirmed?" Astrid asked looking over that page in her textbook.

"Yep," Remus answered squeezing her hand.

Astrid knew what her worst fear was, her sister Gia.

Wasn't the universe cruel in a twisted sort of way; having the person she had loved most in the world be her worst fear.

Who knew who the boggart would choose to present itself for Astrid, but if it was anything like her dreams, she had everything to be worried about.

***

Violetta had nothing to be worried about.

Well for the most part.

She had put aside her research for the resurrection stone and had decided to redirect her focus to her upcoming exam.

"Vi, Vi what year was the gremlin v goblin war?" Casper asked looking up from his parchment, "Violetta, come on Vi you've been staring out the window for the past hour."

Violetta rolled her eyes, "I was thinking Casper, it's 1567."

Casper shook his head, "1576."

"Yeah 1576," Violeta said brushing him off.