Chapter 23: Non-girlfriend

When I wake up in the morning I feel a piercing gaze on me, and I slowly open my eyes to see Tom's eyes tracing over my face.

"Liking what you see?" I tease.

"Very much," He grins cheekily and presses a soft kiss to my forehead. "Good morning beautiful,"

"Mmm good morning," I roll over to stretch, feeling my back let out a row of cracks. I lean over to grab my phone off of the bedside table where I see I have a text message from Aldridge.

Aldridge: We need to talk about your contract. Please let me know when you are free.

Shit.

I show Tom the message and he pales as his eyes fly across the screen.

"You don't think he could have...?"

"Watched us through a camera like those in the movies? No way. He wouldn't do that."

"Maybe Benedict told him," Tom adds, and he looks frantic. "I don't want you to get fired. I-I'll tell them I seduced you or something."

"Tom, I'm sure nothing is wrong, I read over the contract and there was nothing in there about not being able to date the person you're guarding," I reassure him.

Still, I can't help the gnawing feeling in my gut as panic settles in it like lead.

"Just tell him you aren't free for the next 7 months," Tom jokes and I swat his arm.

"Not funny Tom, this could be serious."

Val: I'm free tonight if that works?

I show the text to Tom and he nods his approval, allowing me to press send. Moments later my phone chimes again.

Aldridge: Both you and Tom can come to my house tonight at 7 P.M. I have attached the address below. See you there.

A second later another message arrives with his address, and I set my phone down with a sigh.

"Fuck, this is stressful," I groan into the pillow as Tom draws reassuring circles on my back.

"I can think of a few ways to relieve that," Tom says and I smile into the pillow before turning over to face him.

"Tom, its not that I don't want to, I do, but I am not fucking you a few hours before going to meet my boss. Absolutely not." I shake my head resolutely.

"Who said anything about fucking?" He looks at me cheekily.

"Okay, I am not engaging in any sexual acts a few hours before meeting my boss," I amend.

"Well darling, sorry to burst your bubble, but..." He trails off his gaze wandering down my naked body.

"Oh shut up, I woke up like this, it doesn't count,"

"The longer you stay like this, the more it counts," He points out.

"Fine," I smirk and get up from the bed, sauntering over to my room while swaying my hips to give Tom a show. I hear a groan of 'fuuuuckkk' behind me and I smile victoriously.

"I'm going to go shower, you might want to take one too," I say suggestively before heading into the bathroom.

I hear another soft groan echoing from his room as I turn on the hot water, steam rising to fog up the glass doors.

I shower quickly, not bothering to wash my hair since I washed it last night.

As I get dressed Tom walks in, eyes covered and a goofy smile on his face.