Chapter XVIII: Getō Suguru

Start from the beginning

Thud

Thud. 

Your attention was soon diverted away from Satoru, as you felt someone bump into you. When you looked at the direction of the bump, you saw a young girl that was on the ground, due to the impact of bumping into you. It was just a young girl that was on her way to school, you knew this because she had a school uniform on.

She had black hair that was tied unto two braids, that were on each side of her shoulders. She had a Fukuoka Prefectural High School Uniform, she wore a black and navy blue plaid skirt, accompanied with a white collared shirt and a black blazer. When she looked up, your eyes widened in surprise- it was as if you were looking at a direct reflection yourself, when you were younger. 

"Saori! Hurry up! We'll be late!"

(Y/N) turned around to see two boys, "Sato.. Sugu-.." You mumbled quietly, as you felt your heart clench and your lower lip quiver. It looked just like them, at least you thought they did. Your two best friends, your two best friends who changed after the Star Plasma Vessel Mission- the mission that broke the friendship between the two of the closest individuals in your life. When both men came back after the mission, their eyes changed, their demeanor changed. They were no longer your happy-go-lucky best friends, who'd go at the arcade, eat pizza at the local diner near the school or to go to the movies with you every weekend- a flip was switched, somewhere along the lines of the mission. 

But you were never able to put your finger on what changed, why? Because Gojo Satoru chose to never speak of the mission, not once in the past decade, Satoru trained more often- and the light in his eyes disappeared. And as for the other young man that you held close to your heart, he killed an entire village. Forcing him to be exiled, forcing Gojo to-

To your surprise, tears slowly escaped your lacrimal glands and dripped down your cheeks. You used your free hand to touch your cheeks that were now being overflowed with tears, you missed it. You missed how your two best friends were before the Star Plasma Vessel Mission, you missed the laughter, the warmth. But most of all-

 But most of all-