Life goes on

flippity flappity back to the crappity

It has been one month since Thomas' and your confession to the others about your pregnancy. After that everything went back to normal, as much as it could be. Your baby bump has gotten slightly bigger but it's still unrecognizable under your shirt for the fact that it has only been a month. You're still continuing with your med work, even though Thomas dislikes it. He also managed to threaten everyone into not letting you do any work.
(oh yeah well in the movie Thomas is out the maze in about 3 days but not here hehe😅 i also know that some things just don't go with what happens in the movie, I hope that's alright; it's just a bit different especially in time)

It's a sunny afternoon. Thomas and Minho had left to run since the early morning and you're already missing him. You've just finished putting a bandage onto once again another slicer.

Jeff comes in and smiles at you. „Hey Y/N! I think it's about time you get some rest, or else Thomas is going to kill me"

You laugh and stand up. „Alright alright, but if there's anything just look for me, yeah?" And with those words you walk out the tents.
The sun is shining brightly and you breathe in the fresh air. The other gladers are working individually on their assigned jobs. You intend on visiting Newt and the Gardeners.

As you arrive there, you see them doing their usual work such as planting new seeds or working on removing trunks.
„Newt! What's up?" You wave at the blond-haired man.
He looks up and his face lights up. „Hey Y/N, what a pleasure to see you today"
You walk over to him and grab a shovel. „May I help?"
He frowns and then shakes his head. „Don't even think about it, this is too hard for you"

„What? Are you saying I'm weak?" You clasp the shovel. He looks at you with a serious face, creeping you out a bit. „No darling I'm saying you are pregnant and as far as I'm concerned it's no good to lift up anything heavy during .. that period of time" He say motioning to your belly.

You roll your eyes and cross your arms in front of you. „Let me guess, Thomas told you not to let me work, right?"

He shrugs and then goes back to his work. „Maybe, maybe not, but listen, you really should take care of yourself" You have heard enough and turn around.
‚Where else could you go?'

You decide to go see Frypan because cooking can't be too hard right?
The kitchen was full of vegetables and pans, everything in a big mess. You smell some sort of soup being cooked and find Frypan.

„Oh Y/N" He smiles at you „What are you doing here? Hungry?"
You shake your head „No no, thank you, can I help you somehow?"

He stops his cooking for a second. „Umm you know I can't really let you...."

You sigh „because Thomas said so?"
Frypan looks at you apologetically and then nods. You smile at him as it's not his fault and then leave „well alright then, see ya around"

As you're walking across the big grass field on your way back to the med-huts, you see Chuck running towards you.

„Y/N, Y/N!!"

„Huh?"

„Y/N, quick"

„What is it?"

„Don't you hear it?"

Loud rumbling comes from the maze.

„Wait? What's happening?"

„We don't know but come, everyone's gathering around the maze door"

You run behind Chuck towards where everyone was standing, and look into the opening. You feel scared, scared for the runner's safety.
You walk over to Newt and grab his arm.
„What is happening?"