Melanie's breathing worsened when Liam's eyes turned yellow and he glared at Derek. Her lungs couldn't keep up with her body as she started to grow lightheaded, pushing against the sides of the locker as if it would open up more space for her.

Liam went running for Derek but the man quickly grabbed onto the freshman, pinning him against the lockers across from Melanie.

"Liam." Scott's voice called out and he suddenly appeared in Melanie's line of sight. She watched as Liam visibly calmed down but it didn't help her, still hating the trapped feeling of being in the locker and the amount of air she's lost trying to catch her breath made her start to grow dizzy.

"You're right. He is angry." Derek said, letting Liam go as Scott lifted up a lacrosse stick. "This one's yours." He tossed it to Liam who instantly caught it. The bell rang and Scott nodded. "Get to class, Liam."

Before Liam could get out of the locker room. Melanie's breathing started to grow even worse, the three werewolves finally hearing her as she banged on the locker door. "Let me out! I can't... I can't breathe." Melanie muttered and Derek cursed under his breath, practically running to the locker Melanie was in and opened the door for her.

The girl was barely conscious as she started to fall out of the locker but Derek quickly caught her. "I told you I can't be in there for long." Melanie mumbled as Scott and Liam walked closer to the two.

Derek shrugged. "I thought you were over exaggerating. You do that a lot." He let go of Melanie but she still wasn't fully okay and started to fall again, this time, Liam caught her.

****

"Liam. Get her some fresh air." Scott said and Melanie let out a 'hmph' noise and Liam nodded, letting her put almost all her weight on him as they walked outside of the school.

Liam carefully sat her down on the grass, letting her slump against a tree as he slowly sat beside her. "Are you... Are you okay?" Liam asked quietly and Melanie gave him a soft smile, nodding her head as she started to feel better.

"Why were you in there anyway?" Liam asked as Melanie rested her head on the tree. "Incase I needed to heal someone." Liams brows furrowed. "What?"

Melanie turned her head to face him. "That's the kind of thing I can do. A Mori Kitsune are natural healers, can control nature and can make things that aren't really there appear. Being a healer also means I can... you know... heal people, but it makes me take longer to heal than other kitsunes."

Liam expression grew even more confused as he turned his whole body to face her. "Wait what?"

Melanie smirked, turning to face him, their knees touching from them sitting criss cross in front of each other.

"First of all..." Melanie said before make her eyes glow their green, catching Liam off guard, making her laugh.

She quickly straightened up and put her hands out. "Gimme your hand." Melanie mumbled and Liam just looked at her, not doing anything. Melanie raised her eyebrows. "Your hand please?"

Liam shook his head as if he was waking himself up from a daydream and gave Melanie his hand. She sighed, closing her eyes and tilting her head up slightly. "Now... What's something you've always wanted?" She asked and Liam answered almost immediately as if he didn't even think before talking. "A girlfriend."

Melanie let out a little snort, opening on eye to look at Liam. "I meant an object."

Liams eyes grew wide as his face heated up in embarrassment. "Uh... Um..." Liam stuttered and Melanie shook her head, sighing. "You're taking too long. Nevermind."