Chapter Thirteen: Jabberwock Island

It was finally trip day! You and your class were on the bus to the airport, it was early in the morning so most people were either asleep or didn't want to talk much. You were among this group of people, luckily the bus seats weren't assigned so you and Gundham got to sit together. You spent most of the ride passed out on his shoulder, he didn't seem to mind, at one point he reached up and lightly began to pet your hair. 

You woke up suddenly with a sharp inhale.

"(Y/n), are you alright?" Gundham asked, lifting his hand.

You took a moment to take in your surroundings before responding, "Yeah, just startled. Don't worry." You smiled and nuzzled into his shoulder.

"I apologize if my touch was the cause." He genuinely felt guilty.

"No, no. It's okay. I was just in a really light sleep." You tried to reassure him.

"If you say so.." He smiled again and looked out the window, "I believe we are almost at the airport, so it may not be too bad of a burden that you have awakened."

You sat up and looked out the window as well, it appeared that you were just entering a city, in the dim morning light the lights of the buildings you passed looked so much more mesmerizing. That or you were still half asleep who knows.

"Okay then." You looked around the bus to see what others were doing.

Ibuki and Kazuichi sat together in the row next across from yours both seemingly passed out but you could see Ibuki peek one eye open and look at you before audibly faking a yawn and 'waking up'. Sonia was sitting in the row behind them next to Nagito, she was just sitting there listening to something through earbuds and Nagito looked uncomfortable... You wondered why. There was nothing really significant about any other seat pairings everyone was just doing their own thing.

"Students! We are five minutes from arriving at the airport!" Ms. Yukisome announced.

A slight commotion began as classmates began to wake each other up.

"Hey, it looks like you were right!" You lightly nudged Gundham.

"It seems so." He looked out the window again.

***

"Such gruesome descriptions of such despairing events, how did she listen to it so calmly... How did the person explain it so calmly.." Nagito looked scared and a bit angry.

You had asked him what was making him look so uncomfortable earlier to pass time as you wait to board the plane.

"Well, that's understandable..." You say.

"I didn't know Miss Sonia was into that type of thing..." Kazuichi laughed nervously.

"All boarding for flight 528 to Jabberwock Island" A flight attendant's voice came over the loudspeakers.

"Alright, kids that's our flight! Come on, times a-wastin'" Yukisome had too much energy for this early in the morning...

***

When the plane finally landed it was about mid-day on the island, it was a lot warmer than you were used to back home but it was nice, you always did prefer warmer weather. 

"Okay students, after we get to the hotel the day is yours just follow the trip rules okay!" Yukisome said after you all got your bags.

"Hell yeah! I can't wait to eat some of the food!" Akane yelled.

"I don't know about you guys but Ibuki's going to the beach. Ibuki heard the ocean water was awesome!!" Ibuki seemed excited.

"I can accompany you, all of the ladies in swimsuits-" Teruteru started.

"No." Ibuki cut him off, "(Y/n)! Do you wanna come with Ibuki and Kazuichi to the beach? It'll be so fun!!" She grabbed your arm as you two walked.

You knew the bruises still hadn't fully healed, in a swimsuit they were still going to be obvious...

"No, I'm pretty sure that I forgot to pack a swimsuit anyway." You said trying to make an excuse as to why you couldn't go.

"Ibuki can let you borrow one of hers! Don't worry about it!" Ibuki chirped happily.

"Plus you've always said you wanted to go to the beach one day." Kazuichi said smiling.

'Damnit past me! You screwed me over again..' You mentally facepalmed.

"No it's fine really, I'll be okay, you guys have fun!" You said forcing a smile.

"Please (Y/n)! It'll be so fun if we're all there!! Guuuuunnnndhhhaaammmmm! Convince (Y/n) to come with uuuusss!" Ibuki pleaded still clinging to your arm.

"What?" Gundham turned his head to look at you

"Ibuki wants to bring (Y/n) to the beach but she won't agree..." Ibuki pouts "You both deserve a beach day!"

"I would not mind a beach day, why don't we go?" Gundham nodded.

'NOT YOU TOO!? He must think I've healed by now... Damn... I guess I'm going...' You thought.

"Yeah, I guess I'll go..." You caved.

"YAY!" Ibuki hugged you making you stop dead in your tracks.

Once you arrived at the hotel you put your bag in your room and went to go meet Ibuki in her room, she had just finished changing into her swimsuit and pulled out the one she was lending to you.

"A-a bikini? I don't think I'll be too comfortable in that..." You said a bit shakily.

"You'll look great! Don't worry about it! Plus that's the only type of swimsuit I packed." She chirped.

You sighed and looked down at it then Ibuki "Thanks Ibuki."

"No problem, now get changed! Ibuki's going to meet the others in the lobby!" She says walking out the door.

You put on the swimsuit and looked into the mirror, the worst of the bruises were still there and very visible. You grumbled nonsense to yourself uncomfortably and put on a pair of shorts and a zip-up hoodie before leaving the room as well heading for the lobby to meet your friends.

"Are you ready to go my angel?" Gundham asked as you walked into the lobby.

"Yep." You smiled genuinely.

"Then let's go!" Ibuki practically ran out the door.

"Hey wait up!" Kazuichi ran after her.

"Come on." You grabbed Gundham's hand and walked out as well.

Once you caught up with Kazuichi and Ibuki the two were having a small conversation.

"Didn't you want to invite someone, what happened to that?" Ibuki asked.

"Yeah I was gonna invite Miss Sonia, but she turned me down... Again..." Kazuichi sighed.

"Maybe it's time that you moved on. She really doesn't seem to even try to care about you..." You said.

"Yeah, but, I still got hope ya' know... She doesn't pay attention to me now but one of these days she will! I don't wanna give up too soon, it's not every day a girl like her walks into your life. Pretty and nice too, she's just perfect." Kazuichi gushed.

You could tell all of the praise about Sonia was making Gundham a bit angry, it made you uncomfortable too but you were used to the way Kazuichi talked about her. 

The beach was beautiful, there weren't too many people around either so it seemed relatively peaceful. You all sat your stuff down and the others took off the clothes they had put on over their swimsuits.

"Hey (Y/n)! Come on let's get ready to race to the water!" Ibuki seemed really excited.

"O-okay.." You began taking off your hoodie and shorts.

There was a moment of silence after you took off the hoodie, you could feel the aura of shock and sadness wash over this once lighthearted moment. 

*may or may not have a short hiatus after this chapter cause I am fresh out of the ones I wrote in advance specifically so I would be able to post consistently.... yeaaaaaaaahhhhh..... Welp uh I'mma get to writing some more chapters.*~Re