Chapter Nine: Determination And Spite

You walked back into Sonia's dorm with newfound confidence, you were pissed about the dare she was going to force upon you and you were not going to live your life by her rules. A couple of girls asked about your dare and the red marks on both sides of your face, more notably whether the two were connected, you just said that they were and didn't give any more information regarding the matter before choosing the next person. 

***

You got up early on Monday, you got ready, and went out to the dining hall. Not many people were there when you got there so you got your coffee and breakfast before sitting down. As you were eating Gundham sat down across from you.

"Good morning (y/n). Did you rest well?" he asked

Almost as if on cue Sonia walked by just as he began talking to you.'I mean if he comes to me of his own accord it's not like I can just pick up and go. That would be rude.' You smirked to yourself

"Good morning Gundham, ya know, I slept really well!" You said with a cheerful expression "How was your sleep?"

"It was restful. You do seem quite chipper this morning, did something happen?" 

"I guess I just woke up on the right side of the bed today." 

"It is good to see you in a good mood in the morning."

"Good morning Gundham, (y/n)." Sonia sat down right next to Gundham

"Good morning Sonia! I hope you slept well!" There was this weird thing that would happen when you were spiteful toward someone, you always ended up being overly kind toward the person. This habit developed during middle school when you realized it pissed them off even more that you wouldn't react harshly to them. 

"Oh yes, I slept very well! How about you Gundham?" Sonia masked her reaction well but you knew she was pissed seeing you still talking to Gundham after what she told you.

"I suppose I slept well." He replied before continuing eating.

*Gundham's POV*

Something was definitely off about (y/n) this morning, she was giving off this strange aura, this was new for her. It got stronger when Sonia arrived, I could infer that this was because of a grudge but (y/n) seemed to be kind to her. I decided that right now may not be the best time to ask (y/n) about it. 

"That's awesome Sonia. Ya know I had this weird dream last night, this person was all salty with me for being friends with someone, hell they even threatened me to stay away from them or else I'd get physically harmed. It was so weird, I mean like how would that even make sense, right?" (y/n) laughed

"Wow, what a weird dream," Sonia replied

"Even in dreaming, mortals can be the most petty of creatures," I said feeding Cham-P a sunflower seed.

"That is true." (y/n) nodded

*Second person POV*

Sonia noticed that you were hinting at what she had done in the dream but you didn't expect Gundham to insult the person in the "dream", inadvertently insulting Sonia. You wanted to laugh so badly but I kept my composure and agreed calmly.

"Woah are we talkin bout crazy dreams?" Kazuichi took the other seat next to Gundham "I had this weird one at one point where I was trying this VR game and then it became real and I almost got shot."

"Kaz that sounds more like a nightmare" You were genuinely concerned

"That wasn't all that happened! It's just all I remember at the moment..." Kazuichi retorted

"Oh! Oh! Ibuki has one!" She sat down right across from Kazuichi "Okay... So I was walking down this corridor and for some reason, Unsainted is playing in the room at the end. When Ibuki opens the door all she sees is these mice wearing Slipknot masks and putting on a concert for cockroaches. And then I woke up." She smiles

"That one really takes the weird cake," You say 

"The subconscious can come up with surprising scenarios." Gundham seemed confused

"(y/n), may I speak with you elsewhere?" Sonia smiled at you still trying to appear kind.

"Whatever you want to talk to (y/n) about, you can say it here. We won't mind!" Ibuki smiled back at her.

"So what did you want to talk about?" You gave her your full attention making sure to smile

"It can wait. I will see you all later." She picked up her tray and left

"See you in class then!" You wave to her

"WOAH! WAIT DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT WAS ABOUT!? MISS SONIA ASKED YOU TO MEET HER IN PRIVATE!" Kazuichi stood up and leaned across the table with a shocked expression. 

Gundham leaned to the side so Kazuichi didn't hit him with an annoyed expression.

*I thought this moment was funny so I decided to draw it*

"I may have an idea of what it could have been, but I don't exactly know

"I may have an idea of what it could have been, but I don't exactly know." You shrugged

"Souda, move." Gundham sounded really annoyed

Kazuichi sat back down, "Sorry..."

You checked your phone, "Hey we should get to class before Yukisome comes to drag us there."

***

After dinner that night you headed back to your dorm alone. You grabbed your key and were about to unlock the door when someone slammed your head against it.

"You had your warning, (y/n). I didn't want to do this but you didn't listen." Your vision was blurred and you were barely conscious but you heard Sonia standing steps behind you and you passed out.