Chapter Ten: The Bruises.

You woke up just inside your dorm, you couldn't feel anything at first but when you tried to get up random areas on your body began to hurt. You slowly got up, although it hurt like hell to do so, and hobbled over to the bathroom. You were covered in bruises all but the mark on your forehead wouldn't be visible from under your uniform. All you wanted to do was cry, you were in pain, and now you knew you had no choice in the "dare" that you had been given. Everything just hurt... When you finally hobbled back to your bed, you dropped yourself down on top of it while you silently sobbed. Soon you were asleep. 

The next morning you got ready slowly, but this morning you decided to skip breakfast. This was the easiest way you could think of to avoid Gundham without making it obvious, also you just didn't want to leave your room at the moment. Once class time rolled around you walked there silently just sitting down at your desk not making an effort to talk to anyone. 

Kazuichi walked up to your desk "Hey, there you are! We missed ya at breakfast this morning. Woah what happened to your head" 

"Oh sorry. I had some important things to take care of. And you know I'm a klutz, I bent down to pick something up and accidentally smacked my head on the table." You fake smiled

"That's reasonable. Are you doing alright?" He asked

"I'm doing okay, just didn't sleep well last night." You looked up at him 

"Dang, well I hope it gets better..." He patted your shoulder before walking off to his desk

You did your best not to wince in pain, as you watched Kazuichi walk away you saw Gundham enter the classroom before you looked away 'I know it's only gonna get worse...' You sighed and put your head down.

Class was a blur, you spent the time sitting there zoned out. Lunch came and went, you didn't want to talk to anyone so you found yourself a secluded area where you could eat and went back to class. Then you spent some time narrowly evading encounters with Gundham.

***

Days continued like that for a while, eventually, you would go back to talking with Kazuichi and Ibuki but that was about it. It was only a matter of time before someone would notice something was wrong. 

It was about a week later, you had just gotten to your dorm for the night. As you were changing out of your uniform the doorbell rang. You quickly rebuttoned your shirt and opened the door.

"G-Gundham-" You almost jumped 

"(y/n), I have noticed a pattern when it comes to our interactions lately. Or rather how you seem to avoid them." He seemed angry

Your throat felt tight letting no words escape your mouth as your eyes filled with tears. Gundham seemed to take notice and his expression changed to one of concern.

"(y/n)?" He reached out to you and you took a step back "What happened?"

You clutched your chest taking another step back and shaking your head letting the tears stream out and barely forced out a couple of words "I- I just- I can't-"

You were suddenly pulled into an embrace and you heard the door shut. "(y/n), it will be okay. Please tell me what is causing this." Gundham held you close to him letting you cry into him for what felt like forever. Once you ended up calming down you rolled up one of your sleeves where half-healed bruises were still visible and showed him. "Who?" he looked angry again but not at you.

"She said it was because I didn't stay away from you..." You sat down on the edge of your bed. Your voice was shaky and quiet but he understood you perfectly. 

"Who did this to you?" He sat down next to you

"I-" You stopped

"(y/n) tell me who harmed you." 

"Sonia..." You almost started to cry.

"She did this?" Gundham seemed surprised

You nodded silently.

"Why would she want you to stay away from me?" He asked

You stayed silent for a moment "She didn't want any competition..."

"Competition?"

"She wants you all to herself, she said she's in love with you..."

Gundham fell silent. You knew why, he was just told someone he cares about was basically hurt because of him. "(y/n), I'm sorry..." He looked down at his hands.

"It's not your fault." You put your hand on top of his. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" He looked up at you

"I didn't think you'd believe me, I mean it seemed like you might have felt the same about her..." 

"She was not the one my heart chose." 

"What do you mean?"

Gundham seemed to have just realized what he said, he seemed a little embarrassed.

"Gundham?" You tilted your head 

"(y/n), Sonia was not the one I fell for.... it was you. This whole time it has been you." He confessed.

You were shocked, you didn't know how to react, you never expected this. Did he just confess to you? You always thought that it would be the other way around and not just that you thought he'd turn you down!

"I- ME!? WHA-" Your brain metaphorically yeeted itself out a window

"I apologize. Maybe right now was not the time to inform you of that." He turned away

You gathered up all the courage that you had and cupped his face in your hand making him turn back to you. "I feel the same." you lightly kissed him

"Well, this is a development..." He seemed pleasantly surprised but it didn't last long, he looked down at your arm again upset "How badly did she harm you?"

"More than I can show..." You looked down

"I will-"you cut him off

"Violence is not the way this time. Knowing that you know what she did will be enough."

"That may be the more intelligent option..." He sighed "In case that She-Devil tries anything again I shall stay around you for protection."

You hugged him. "Thank you..."

"Do not worry with the Dark Overlord of Ice and his 4 Dark Devas of Destruction by your side nothing will dare to attempt to harm you!" He laughed proudly.

*Holy crap we're already passed 600 reads!? Thank you guys! I'm really happy that people actually enjoy this story. Anyway imma get back to work on more chapters, thank you all for being here!*~Re