Chapter 2

Akrame Pov

I grumble with my arms crossed over my chest, Chiho rolls her eyes at me. "Oh would you quiet grumbling already."

"How are you not more pissed at what Tsunade is doing?" Chiho doesn't weaver under my glare, "Oh I am very pissed but I feel like Tsunade just wants to make things right. Don't forget that she is her god-mother." I huff a little just as the genin arrive at the gate, Itachi's little brother glances at us with wary eyes. I smirk a little, "Problem Sasuke?" He seems startled knowing he has yet to introduce himself to us, "Woah how did you know his name?!"

My eyes drift over to Naruto, "Well as you put it brat we're super strong shinobi so we have to know things." He points at me, "Hey I'm not a brat anymore! I'm going to be Hokage one day dattebayo!"

Chiho chuckles a little, "Course we believe you Naru just keep up the hard work." I turn and stare blankly down the path as Hatake decides to finally show up, he was about to say something but I cut him off. "Save it Hatake I want to get moving now that way where in a good position for camp by nightfall." I turn without another word with Chiho by my side, "Akrame-san where are we going?"

I can't help but cringe a little, "Oh geez just call me Akrame kid and last we heard from Akira she was going to settle in a remote forest in the Land of Grass." Hatake speaks up, "So you guys don't have an exact location?" Chiho scoffs, "Have you forgotten who we are, as soon as we get to the Land of Grass Akrame can track her. And I can search for her chakra signature my range has only grown these last couple of years."

Sasuke frowns, "But she's got to be hiding well, if she was a well known shinobi I'm sure she has a lot of other people looking for her." I look over at him with a slight smile, "That is true but trust me when I say she'll know where coming long before we get close to her. Plus not to mention when she was your age she took on the now 4th Raikage on and won, so she can take care of herself." There eyes widen and jaw drops I sigh a little to myself, everything the three of us ever did for the village was forbidden to talk about the day Akira was banished.

We walk down the path for a few more hours till the sun starts to set, I'm sort of surprised at the progress we made. "All right lets set up camp over in that clearing." After setting everything up we gather around the fire Sasuke had made, "Akrame can you tell us what Akira was like." I tense up and Chiho lets out a short breath, pinky just likes to ask a lot of questions doesn't she.

"Well....I can do you one better and show you." Chiho takes my hand, "Everyone please hold hands." They do as they are told and Chiho closes her eyes, "Memory display jutsu!" (AN: sorry couldn't come up with a better name lol.)

We're sucked into my mindscape and memories immediately begin to show, "Akira Yanka Hozoki arrived at the village at the age of three, her mother had died during childbirth. Then her father was killed when her clan was attacked and killed. She is the last surviving member of both clans....." The scene changes showing her training with me and Chiho watching from a distance, "The Village elders new she had great potential so her training started when the few injuries she had healed."

The next one shows us with Akira at the age of 10 in front of the old man, "I the Third Hokage of the Village Hidden in the Leaves promote you Akira Yanka Hozuki to the head of all anbu divisions with Chiho and Akrame to serve as your right hands." Akira grins widely, "I won't let you down old man!"

I swallow harshly, "Two years later the Third Great Shinobi War broke out and three months into it she was called to the council chambers." The memory changes, "Akira due to how stretched our forces are we have no choice but to send out the new genin and chunin to the front lines. That is unless you yourself are willing to go." I watch with haunted eyes, "Akrame that's enough." Her voice was firm and strong, "Do not send them, I will cover all the lines and in my absence I leave Chiho and Akrame in my place." Akira holds chin up high no ounce of fear in her stance, "When do I leave Lord Third?" You could see the sadness in his eyes, "Tomorrow morning meet me in my office then you will set off immediately."

"I wanted to know why she agreed to go so suddenly without hesitation so I went to look for her." Chiho shifts on her feet, this is new for her she didn't know me and Akira had talked.

"Why would you agree to that Akira, did you even think about it at all?" Her hair blows in the breeze not taking her eyes of the sun as it sets, "I did think about it and I don't want to lose anymore lives Akrame, my chances at survival are far greater than any genin or chunin they send. Plus you know the old man and granny are making plans for me to become Hokage in the future. So what type of Hokage would I be if I just sat here safe while they gave there lives for this village?" There was a silence between us, "You know when the day I become Hokage does come I'm going to keep the peace as best as I can. I want to keep kids from the same suffering we had to go threw."

"That's great and all but you have to come back alive first baka." She chuckles, "Don't worry Akrame you can get rid of me that easily." Memories rush pass until it stops showing her in the hospital, I turn away so Chiho takes over. "Her actions during the war raise the price on her head up threw the roof giving her the number one page in all great nations bingo books. She was even attacked on her way back to the village." We skip ahead to when the nine-tails attacked the village, I place a hand on Naruto's shoulder as he flinches.

"Akira you can't take that damn thing on by yourself!" She grabs explosive tags shoving them in her pouch, "I sure as hell can try!" We watch myself grab her arm, "Damn it stop being so stubborn and let us help you!" Akira glare was hard, "I'm not losing anymore lives Akrame! You're one of the fastest shinobi in the village you can get people out who are to close to that damn thing!

"She's right Akrame we have to let her go. But you better come out alive Akira otherwise I'm going to kill you myself." Akira backs away from us with a grin and a thumbs up, "I promise now both of you go!"

Everything around us fades and all three genin had some sort of emotion on there face, "Those where some parts of the story but now you see the type of person Akira was." Chiho and I stand at the same time, "We're going to set traps around the area if you have anymore questions ask your sensei he knew her."

"WHAT!!!!???"

I snicker slightly as we leave Hatake with his genin, that's little of what he actually deserves.