17.HANGOVER

ANDREA

My head was pounding.

The hangover feels like a balloon under my cranium, slowly being inflated, pressure mounting. My head hurts like a bitch. I still remember what happened to me last night. A man forcing himself on me and his dirty hands roamed all over my body. I felt disgusted. If it wasn't for Adam, I would have been dead by now. I mentally noted to thank him, for his help.

I quickly sprinted to the bathroom as I could feel bile rise up in my throat. After emptying my guts into the toilet, I brushed my teeth and took a long shower removing the man's dirty hands.

After taking an hour long shower, changed into fresh clothes. This is what happens when you get drunk for the first time. This headache is killing me. I found an Advil pill along with a glass of water on my bedside table.  I immediately swallowed the pill and drank some water from the glass. 

I walked out of my room and descended the stairs, mentally praying for Adam's absence. Today is Saturday, he must have gone to his office like usual. I don't know how he lives, he doesn't take a break from his work even on weekend. He is such a workaholic. 

I scanned the living room and thank god it was completely empty. Relief washed over my face. Sighing I enter the kitchen, only to get the biggest shock of my life. There he was, sipping coffee while his eyes focused on the laptop screen.

He was wearing a brown tracks paired with a plain white T-shirt which hugged his body perfectly and I could see his well toned muscles from where I was standing.

Sensing  someone's  presence, he lifted his head and looked in my direction. Oh god! If looks could kill, I would have been five feet under by now. He didn't talk , but stared me for a second and gone back to what he was doing. Jerk!!!

I took a seat opposite to his and poured myself a cup of coffee. Nervous, that's what I am feeling right now. I don't know how to start, but I really wanna talk to him about yesterday's awful events.

"Good morning." I said in a meek voice. I don't think he heard that because he was busy typing something on his phone. Then only I noticed the bandage on his right hand.  Suddenly I felt guilty, how he saved me yesterday and I didn't even said a thank you to him.

"Adam." I called him and he shifted his eyes from his phone screen to my face. I chewed my bottom lip in nervousness. "Ummm... Thank you." I said while looking straight at his eyes.

Bastard, he only nodded his head and went back to his work. 

After a few minutes of silence I opened my mouth again. "How is your hand, Adam?" 

"Why do you care?" He asked while his words were filled with anger. 

"Adam, I don't know why you are acting this way. But I do care. You saved my life and I am indebted to it." I reasoned out.

"Well, if you haven't been a brat and stayed at home, this all wouldn't have happen." He said and stood up from his seat giving me a disappointed look.

I couldn't control my anger anymore. "What is your problem?" I snapped at him.

He chuckled. " Do you wanna know what is my problem? My problem is that I was worried when I couldn't find you when I came back from my trip. I had to take care of your drunk self and save you from getting molested. You know what could have happened when the media knows about it. It will damage my reputation and I don't want that to happen. I already have lot on my plate and taking care of a rich stupid brat is the last thing I want." He said fuming with anger.

"Do you think that low of me?" I almost whispered as tears flowed down my face.

He raked his fingers through his hair and released a sharp breath. " I now know why your father always kept you hidden all this time. Because you are nothing but a trouble maker. You must did something terrible that he has to keep you out of sight to save his image."