11.THE ART EXHIBITION

ANDREA

Camera flashes blinded my eyes as I stood beside my mom and dad for a photographic session. The exhibition has started an hour ago, and I was pleased to see that there were more  people than I expected. Carina was on blue moon, when she see the crowd of people. Apart from me, there were few aspiring and upcoming artist also who displayed their works.

I was feeling really nervous  while standing  in front of the camera. Because it's my first time being in front of the public as Matthew Jefferson's daughter. It was dad who insisted, to introduce me as his daughter. And the paparazzi didn't miss the chance and they wanted to know, why I my existence was kept hidden all this time.  Dad didn't answer to any of those questions.

I tugged at dad's sleeve. "Dad, I am feeling uncomfortable." I whispered in his ears. He nodded his in understanding. He excused to the papz and we walked back to the hall. Soon, I went in search for Carina. It didn't took me much time, because she was talking to one of our guests with a glass of champagne in her hand.

"Carina, how's  it going still so far?" I asked her when I reached next to her.

"The reviews are good till now. We managed to sell a pretty amount of painting. Not only yours, but other artist too." She said in a breath. I sighed in relief.

"Thank god, I thought it was gonna be a total flop." 

She lightly smacked my head. "Don't even think about it Andrea. You truly are talented and no painting of yours will go unnoticed." She encouraged me and I smiled back in response.

"Do you know which painting was the centre of attraction?" I shaked my head no.  I didn't get any time to look around as I was busy handling the media.

"Your lady in red painting." She exclaimed. 

"The one who is playing a piano?" I asked as I was unsure of what I heard.

"Yes, that one. Everybody loved that painting." She said in a over excited voice.

Before I could respond to her, two pair of arms encircled me from both sides. From the bone crushing hug, I  could conclude who they were.

"Can't breathe." I muttered. My best friends from hell stood in front of me with a huge smile plastered on their faces.

"Oh, my god Drea. I am so happy and proud of you. I can't believe this. You are a truly talented woman." Kate said and hugged me tightly.

"Yes, Drea. You have a got a wonderful talent. And we can't be more proud to call you as a friend." Ash said.

"Thank you girls. Without both of you I wouldn't have reached here. I love you both." I engulfed them in a hug.

"And we both you too." They said unitedly. I laughed and broke from the hug.

"You look beautiful in this dress." Ash complimented. I was wearing the dress which Kate had bought me. It  was a silk flower embellished strapless midi dress. My hair was tied into a high bun.

"Thank you. And you don't look yourself bad. You too Kate." They both thanked me.

"Come on you two. I will show you around." I dragged them to where my paintings were hanging.

I showed them all around. At last we reached in front of my painting of the lady in red. I don't know who the lady was, but once I dreamt about her. I couldn't see her face clearly. I inspired this painting from my dream.

 I inspired this painting from my dream