CHAPTER 49: DINNER PARTY

Start from the beginning

Tom took her hand and they went in.  Doug and Harry said "hey guys."  They said hey."  Booker said "morning Sydney"  She said "hi."  Doug looked at Sydney and started to say something.  She said "Doug you are being such a jerk."  Harry, Booker, Doug all looked at her.  So did Tom.  Doug said "What did I do."  Sydney said "you're staring at me. I thought you were my friend."  Doug said "I'm not staring I was getting ready to ask you something, geez bite my head off."  Sydney said "Doug I'm sorry. I thought you were staring. What were you going to ask me?"  He said "forget it."  Tom said "Doug she said she was sorry."  Doug said "I was just going to ask you if you remembered the name of that red haired jock at McKinley high, from one of the first cases we worked together, the one that had the crush on you." Tom said "what the hell."  Harry said "relax dude it was a long time ago."

Sydney said "yeah I remember him, he got me roses. He stole jewelry to give to me."  Tom said "Sydney this guy sounds serious. Do I need to be on the lookout for him?"  She said "no Tom. I told him I was flattered, but not interested, He then found out we were cops. What about him Doug?"  He said "the case Fuller just gave me and Harry, his little brother showed up as a suspect."  She said "oh that's crazy."

Judy said "Sydney you want to help me file all these finished reports."  Sydney said "sure." Fuller said "morning Sydney Hanson."  They said "hey."  Fuller said "Hanson I don't see any of your reports on my desk."  Tom said "yeah I'm sorry  Captain, I was a little busy last week trying to plan Sydney's surprise party, I will get them done."  He said "they need to be all done today, when I come in tomorrow morning I better have all of them."  Sydney said "Tom you shouldn't wait till last minute to do them."  Booker said "Sydney if you need any help with anything today, you can ask me, it looks like Hanson's going to be getting hand cramps from writing."  Everyone laughed but Tom.  He said "shut up Booker."

Sydney and Judy were filing.  Sydney said "I feel bad for snapping at Doug, I was just Tommy told me my lips are bruised and I'm afraid they all know what we have been doing."  She said "they do, but they aren't going to bring it up, it makes them sick to their stomachs."  She laughed.  Sydney said "that's what Tommy said.  So I wanted to have a dinner party, for all of you. Have you all over to the house."  She said "Sounds great."  Sydney said "I saw this great Mexican recipe and I wanted to try it, but Tommy doesn't want me to cook if we invite Booker, and I told him we had to invite Booker."  She laughed.  She said "so pizza then?"  Sydney said "yes but Tommy is letting me make brownies."  They laughed.  Sydney said "Tommy didn't want me to personally invite Booker, so I was thinking you could tell everyone, I was thinking Wednesday, since Tommy's bowling night is Thursday."  She said "ok yeah I will go do that."

Tom came in to Fuller's office. He said "Sydney you ok."  She said "yes. I feel bad for snapping at Doug."  He said "it's ok."  She said "Judy is going to invite everyone, I made it for Wednesday, cause your bowling night is Thursday."  He hugged her.  She said "Tommy you better get started on your reports, if you are going to take me to lunch. I wanted to try that new Mexican restaurant I was telling you about. I am still starving, I think it's your fault, you kept me so energized"  He laughed and  said "ok."  She said "look when I get done I have a report to do, won't take me long, then I will help."  He said "thanks baby"

Judy said "guys Sydney wants to have a dinner party, at their place on Wednesday. It's just going to be pizza though cause Tommy, long story."  Tom and Syd came out.  Harry said "Sydney about your party"  Sydney said "if Wednesday doesn't work we can wait and do another day, but I want you to come Harry."  He said "I can make it, I just wondered if I could bring a date."  Judy converged on Harry.  She said "Spill it Harry, whose the girl?"  The guys laughed.  Tom said "you better start talking Ioki the girls want all the details."  Harry said "it's the girl I met on that case"  Judy said "did she dump her boyfriend?"  He said "yes."  Sydney said "yes you can bring her, but I'm not sure I like her."  He said "you haven't even met her."  Sydney said "I know but you deserve the best. And I mean she was wanting to get with you while she was with her boyfriend, that's a red flag that she is ok with lying and cheating."  Tom said "Syd's got a point, but baby he can't have the best, cause you're taken."  Sydney said "you're sweet."