"Is that why she's all uptight and all?" I ask.

"She loved her wife. They've been dating since high school and then got married once they graduated. Her wife was in college while Lauren was away in the military. When her wife died she lost everything," Zayn says.

Lauren stops walking and holds her fist up to tell us to stop.

She waves us over and we press up against the wall beside her.

"There's three undead by the gates," Lauren whispers.

"Do you want us to shoot?" Liam asks.

"No. Save the bullets, take your knives out," Lauren swings the sling of her rifle over her shoulder and takes out another knife from her boot.

Liam and Colson take out knives as well as they advance with Lauren.

I peek around the corner to see them stab the undead in the head as they slowly lower their bodies to the floor.

Lauren motions the rest of us to advance as we quietly run over to them.

"These things are ugly," I whispered.

"They are," Lauren nods. The green-eyed girl grabs her rifle as she walks inside, checking around before signaling us to come in. "What floor is your room on?" Lauren whispers towards me.

"It looked like it was on the third floor. I need to take the lead," I whispered.

"I'll be right beside you," Lauren nods.

On the second floor, we run down the hall but then I stop when I see those same pairs of doors that are chained up and buckling.

"There's undead in there?" Lauren lowers her gun.

"First thing I saw that comes close to human," I said.

"The chains can hold long enough. Let's not waste any more time," Lauren says.

We go over to the stairs and go up until we are on the third floor.

I rush down the hall seeing the same corpses I saw until I find my room. "There," I said. I walk in to see that the medical supplies are still inside.

"Pack anything useful," Lauren says.

As the others start to pack everything up, I walk over to my records and unhook them from the bed.

"Take them. It will be useful for the doctors to know about your health so they can know what to do or not to do," Lauren says.

"Alright," I nod and take my backpack off as I put my records inside.

"While we are finishing let's get to know each other. What do you want to know about us? One fact only," Lauren says.

"Alright. Colson, what's with the eye patch?" I ask the boy.

"Got shot in the eye about a year ago. I use the eye patch to cover it," Colson says.

"Let me guess the Lost Blood community did this?" I ask.

"Yeah," Colson nods.

"Zayn, we're you in the military?" I ask the British boy.

"Lauren and I joined at the same time. We were best friends before all of this started and still are," Zayn says.

"We made an oath to always be with each other no matter what happens," Lauren smiles but she shakes her head as it disappears.

"Dinah, what did you do before all of this started?" I ask the tall blonde.

"I was a choreographer. I had my dance studio and everything," Dinah smiles.

"That's awesome," I smile.

"I still dance so I can keep my shape cause look at this body," Dinah says.

I laugh as I look down at the ground. "Lauren, what about you?" I ask.

"Oh. What about me?" Lauren asks taken back.

"How was your life before all of this?" I ask.

Lauren's grip tightens around her rifle as she looks down at the floor. "Happy," She whispers.

"Boss, that's everything," Zayn puts his backpack on.

"Let's go," Lauren nods.

Back down at the second floor, we rush across the halls but stop short.

"What the fuck was that?" I ask. I look over at the chained doors to see them burst open.

"Camila, stay back. Why the fuck is there a lot?" Lauren says. She draws her pistol and starts to gun the undead down while the others do the same.

Being focused on the others, I didn't even notice some undead walking up behind me.

One grabs me by the shoulder and I scream as it bites a chunk of my flesh off. I bring my knife up and stab it in the eyes.

Once every undead is down, everyone turns to look at me and their eyes widen.

"Camila...." Gerald drops his pistol.

I bring my hand up to the bite as my eyes widen when I feel the skin immediately knot together. "What the fuck..." I whisper as I look at the others with horror as they stare back with the same expression.