Chapter 59 - The Façade

"Hey Sheja? May I...?" Twyn asked softly as he sat on the couch next to her, sitting with his body facing toward hers.

"No," she responded flatly, instantly wrapping her arms around her middle and turning her face away from him.

"Why? You haven't let me check in almost three weeks," he complained. "Unless you already know and haven't told us."

She threw her head back in annoyance and groaned before glaring at him. "Twyn, you've hounded me daily and I let you get away with it for the first few weeks. No. You suffer until you learn to be patient!"

Both Leena and Ilyana laughed as they sat down together in nearby chairs. Ilyana sipped on a fresh cup of tea with a sudden bit of a wrinkled nose that cut into her laughter. She was unhappy to give up coffee again and "decaf" might as well be a four-letter word.

"What's so funny?" Twyn grumbled.

"You are so insistent on finding out if she's pregnant or not," Leena accused. "And no, she doesn't know because she won't try sense it herself."

"How do you know she hasn't in secret already?" he countered.

"I know because I'd be able to tell if she was hiding it from me," Leena said smugly. "She sucks at hiding her secrets from me."

"I'm right here, y'kno..."

"Well, I mean...at this point I'm betting he's aching to know just so he has another reason to..." Ily's face suddenly turned into a dark grin mid-sentence and she flicked her eyebrows twice before her sweet smile returned again in a flash, "...if you know what I mean."

"Hey! I don't need a reason for that!" he exclaimed.

"Obviously you do since you haven't tried to bone my wife since that night," Leena smirked.

Twyn faltered for words.

Sheja burst into laughter at how flustered Twyn became. "For one, I'm right freaking here. And two, leave him alone," Sheja teased, softly putting one hand to his cheek as an apology during his torment. "Honestly, I'd probably be a little traumatized after that night too if the tables were turned," she admitted with a chuckle.

"You think so?" Twyn asked rather shyly.

"Mm hmm," she replied wholeheartedly. "If I was just your every day, run of the mill male and I might have accidentally got someone pregnant when she wasn't fully ready for it? I think I'd be terrified to touch her with even a hint of sensuality again any time soon."

Twyn reached up and scratched the back of his head as he leaned back into the couch cushions. "I guess maybe you're right. I hadn't put thought into it like that until you put it into words."

"Meh, it is what it is."

"So, you gonna let him check if he needs to bone you again or not?" Leena said over her own cup of tea with a smirk.

"Stop calling it that!" Sheja laughed.

"Just shut up and let him check," Leena demanded, getting up and moving herself to Sheja's lap, wrapping her arms around her lover's shoulders. "It's been almost five weeks and I've been just as curious as well."

Sheja sighed. "Fine," she said with defeat. While unwedging her arm that was still wrapped around her middle from between hers and Leena's bodies, Leena was already ahead of her. "Really? Impatient much!?" Sheja teased as Leena had already reached down and wrestled the bottom of her sweater up to expose her belly for her.

"Is that a tiny bump?" he asked with a smirk as Sheja's stomach was forcefully revealed.

"You have a bad habit of calling people fat," Sheja groaned. She knew that even if she was pregnant, she knew she wouldn't be showing anything yet.