Chapter 5 - Fighting Demons

Once the night was over and people had left, Leena and Shej stood in the middle of their trashed living room, looking around at the aftermath. Shej sighed, noticing Twyn sitting on a barstool in the kitchen, leaning over onto the counter. He had switched from juice to hard alcohol at some point in the night, and Shej was certain it was after he toyed with him. He began to feel a little guilty.

"Do you think he's blacked out?" Leena asked quietly.

"Yeah, I'm pretty certain. Come on, let's get this cleaned up real quick." Shej closed his eyes and held his hands out, palms out away from himself as Leena wrapped her arms around his middle. Cups and plates started to vanish into thin air, any leftover food began to levitate and put itself away. Within minutes, their home was spotless again. The small clock on their fireplace mantle softly chimed two times. "Two o'clock. We should head to bed, I didn't realize the party was going to last this late."

"Should we move Twyn to his bed?"

"I've tried before. If he wakes up, he starts swinging."

Shej walked into his and Twyn's room and began to take off his tie. As he dropped it on his bed he stopped, eyeing it lying there. This was Twyn's room now, as he would now share Leena's much more plush bed. He sighed softly, a little nervous about this new arrangement and how quickly it happened. He hadn't planned for this. He grabbed a few small things from his bedside table and stuffed them in his pockets before stepping back out into the living room. He would move the rest of his things later.

"I was wondering what you were doing," she laughed.

"Grabbing a few things and leaving a light on for if he wakes up." He smiled and held out his hand to her, "Shall we?"

Leena walked over to him and tried not to laugh too loudly as he took her hand, pulled her to him and lifted her up into his arms. "Hey!"

"What? We're newlyweds already in our home. Gotta carry you over some sort of threshold, don't I?" He carried her down the hallway and carefully guided her through their bedroom door, setting her down once inside.

Leena chuckled and walked over to her vanity where she started to take off some of her jewelry and to remove pins from her hair, letting the curls hang down freely around her shoulders. She began to remove a dress strap from her shoulder but paused. Her voice was soft, "Should I change in the bathroom?"

Shej had already halfway unbuttoned his shirt, realizingthe newfound awkwardness of her question and that he should have posed thequestion first. He ran his hand through his hair as he realized theridiculousness of the thought; they were married now after all. He stepped upbehind her, running his hands down her sides. "No, neither of us should have tochange in another room..." His voice trailed off as he reached up and hookedhis finger into the shoulder strap she had started to remove, dislodging it therest of the way. He closed his eyes and buried his face into her hair, his facefitting perfectly into the side of her neck as he took and dislodged the othershoulder strap, letting the dress fall to the floor. Her hair smelled sweetlike fresh fruit. She wore no bra as the dress was backless, but as his handsran across her hips again, he realized that she had worn absolutely nothing under her dress. His mindflashed back to earlier in the evening when all she would have had to do wasunzip his pants and she could have taken him. As his hands trailed down herflesh, he groaned softly at the thought, an urge creeping up in the back of hismind. "Why did you not wear any underwear tonight?"

"Were you not paying attention to how skintight that dress was?" she chuckled. "They would have caused unsightly lines." She was looking down toward the floor as she turned around slowly, reaching up and undoing the last three buttons of his shirt, slipping it off his shoulders and letting it fall to the ground before grabbing the hem of his undershirt and lifting it over his head.