Chapter 47 - Broken

Sheja felt her heart freeze in her chest. She watched him as another tear rolled down the bridge of his nose and collided with the first, both falling and landing on her shoulder. She was suddenly battling with her own emotions but she swallowed the knot in her throat and hugged him tightly to her. She gently wrapped her legs around the back of his thighs and he instantly started to struggle gently against her. "Stop moving," she said softly. She stared straight at the ceiling, not knowing what to think.

"Maybe I can salv—"

"If it's broke, it's broke," she interrupted sharply, holding him tighter knowing nothing would change the matter. He stopped struggling. "And don't blame yourself. If I don't, you shouldn't," she added, speaking softly again.

"You said you weren't wanting to get pregnant just yet," he said. Sheja could hear the fight he was having with himself. "And you wanted to try make this Leena's baby, not mine."

"Not all unprotected sex leads to immediate pregnancies, some couples try for ages. This doesn't absolutely mean it will take," Sheja replied with a forced chuckle, trying to be optimistic while internally she too was fighting with panic. "And in the most likely chance that it does, we'll just move up the plans and get it over with. It was bound to happen, Twyndis."

"And as for it being Leena's baby?"

"Well, I make quite the collection cup myself, don't I," she teased. Twyn finally cracked a smile. "I'll work with Leena tonight. I'm pretty sure I still have a little time."

"I'm so sorry, Sheja," he said.

"Twyn?"

He looked up at her, her eyes feeling like they reached down into his soul.

"It's just as difficult of a pill for me to swallow too, so will you just shut up and kiss me to take my mind off it?"

Twyn huffed a soft laugh, leaning in and kissing her, obliging her demand. He let out a soft gasp as Sheja shifted her hips against his and he could feel her flesh directly on his. His own body was tired, but the direct touch started to wake his member back up before it had a chance to go completely flaccid. "Sheja, I need to get up, otherwise I'll just cause more problems."

"More problems? How, pray tell, is it possible to cause more problems right now?"

He forced himself out of her grasp and got to his hands and knees, moving himself away from her and sitting on the edge of the bed. He removed the split sheath and sighed heavily, wrapping it up in one of the used tissues from the nightstand.

Sheja got off the bed and stood in front of him, arms folded across her chest. "I apparently stabbed you by the way, so I'm calling it even if I end up pregnant."

"Huh?"

She leaned back around him and poked at the back of his shoulder. "I clawed you. There's even little blood trickles down your sides. Both shoulders."

Twyn instantly flinched and gasped in pain as she poked him, suddenly remembering the fire he felt at the end. "Holy shit, Sheja," he said in amused surprise, looking the best he could at his shoulder. He looked back at her and realized even her fingertips had a little bit of smeared but now-dry blood on them. Upon her own realization of it being on her hands only after Twyn noticed first, she suddenly groaned in dismay and rushed into the bathroom to wash it off.

"I'll heal it," she said. "I just need a minute."

He laughed at the sudden panic in her voice. "You're seriously freaking out over hurting me? I just hauled out on your body and you're panicked about causing me a little blood?" As she came back out of the bathroom, he watched her meticulously look over her now reddened hands to make sure she cleaned it all off. "Oh Sheja," he said sadly, reaching out and taking her hands into his as a realization hit. "So much blood on your hands in your life that it's making you skittish over something this non-threatening? This is why your body was reddened after your shower... You were scrubbing too hard to get it off?"