Chapter 12 - Shej's Sin

"Quit fidgeting."

"I feel like my ass is hanging out!" Shej hissed.

"That's because it almost is," Leena laughed. "Just remember to crouch instead of bend if you have to pick something up off the floor. Otherwise, yes, all your downstairs goodies will be shown off to whoever is standing behind you. And cross your ankles when you sit, not your knees."

Shej stood up straight, having conquered heels much quicker than she thought she would. The black dress hugged her every curve, cinching at the bottom and only having one full sleeve, leaving the other shoulder bare. It seemed to perfectly compliment Shej's female body style. Leena stood next to her in a green dress that was much more flowing with laced shoulder-caps and it too complimented Leena perfectly. She noticed Leena had always been good about style.

As they neared Cerno's home, several guards came out to greet them.

"Welcome," a woman said. "And I apologize about my water attack on you, Madam Leena." She was dark haired and kept her head bowed.

"You're Rosalie?" Leena smiled as the woman nodded. She walked up and hugged her. "You're why I stopped running. Thank you."

Rosalie looked confused.

"...Yaya?" The voice sounded on the verge of tears.

Shej and Leena looked up as Cerno exited his front doors and was walking toward them. He stopped just in front of Shej and dropped to his knees, bowing down to her.

"Brother, please stand up," she asked quietly, everyone looking upon them and whispering about them being twins.

He sat up onto his knees, his eyes glistening. "Thank you so much for coming. I'm just still so happy you did. I couldn't sleep last night. I hoped if I built Saorsa, one day you would still be looking for freedom and I'd be able to see you again." He got to his feet and hugged her tightly. "I've spent the last 14 years begging that you were still alive."

"May we go in and discuss this more in private? I haven't been in this form in a very long time and I'm feeling a little awkward being gawked at."

"Of course," he said, holding his hand out to direct them inside.

Shej smiled at Leena and held her hand out. Leena quickly came and took it. She tried to ignore the whispers again.

"What happened with Ralnsah after I killed our parents?" Shej asked darkly, getting straight to the point as they entered Cerno's home. Leena stayed silent, sitting next to Shej as she sat on the couch, briefly reminding Shej how to sit proper.

"They looked frantically for you. It was like a witch hunt, and they came questioning me after the fires were out." Cerno sat in an over-sized chair, a young woman bringing them cups of fresh brewed tea. "What happened?"

"What I want to know is...you know that I killed them but you know not why, and yet you spend 14 years looking for me. Building me a city in hopes it would draw me in? Why?"

"Becauseyou're my twin sister and I knew you weren't to blame for whatever happened.You possessed a strong source, widely known bythe people in our city because of our parents.They all wanted to discard you like trash but our parents couldn't bear toseparate us. I knew for a fact you wouldn't hurt anyone though."

"But I did."

"And that's where I'm asking why."

Shej looked down at the cup of tea she held on her lap. She jumped slightly when Leena placed her hand on her arm for reassurance.

"We were in the study—mom, dad, me, and that 'doctor' they called in. I don't remember too much of that man, but I remember enough."

"I remember him. Mom said you were sick," Cerno said softly.