Chapter 24 - Peach Cobbler

Several weeks passed and everyone was pleased once Leena made a full recovery. She stood at their bedroom window looking out, admiring the trees as they started to turn colors, gently rubbing her growing bump as they just passed 17 weeks.

"I want you to wear this tonight and go have Rose help you with your hair and makeup," Shej said, laying an emerald green baby doll style dress down on the bed. It was spaghetti-strapped, and the top half had a lace bodice that tastefully showed off a bit of cleavage. A jeweled belt to embrace her just below her breasts and a ruffled chiffon skirt made it look even more dazzling.

"Why? What's going on?"

Shej looked up at Leena and chuckled, "Are you pulling my leg or do you seriously not know?"

Leena looked at him, confused.

"My dear Leenasera, today is a very special day," he said, walking up and wrapping his arms around her.

"Oh shit, it's my birthday, isn't it..." Leena said, her eyes going wide. She had lost track of time while sick and being bed ridden until the Healers completely cleared her. She didn't realize until now that she was behind by nearly a whole week.

"Mm hmm," he started, chuckling again as he kissed the side of her neck. "And our second anniversary. We didn't get to do much for our first since we were traveling, so I wanted to make tonight special."

Leena closed her eyes, shivers running down her spine as his breath was warm across her flesh. She wanted him to attention her a little more but there was a knock at the door.

"That would be Rose," Shej said. He immediately turned and ran downstairs.

Leena groaned as she slowly followed.

"Happy birthday, Leena!" Rosalie sang as she came in. Leena smiled.

"Thank you for your help, Rose. Here's her dress and shoes, and I want her back here by—" Shej paused and looked at the clock, "—about six o'clock would be great!"

Rose took the items handed to her. "Got it! C'mon birthday girl, time to get you dolled up!"

Leena looked at Shej, begging to stay. Shej just smiled, winked and waved, closing the door behind them. He figured three hours would be enough to get dinner and himself ready.

He had just gotten out of the shower, gotten dressed and styled his hair when the timer on the oven went off. He smiled as he entered the kitchen, smelling the freshness of the peach cobbler he made. Looking up at the clock, he noticed he had about 20 minutes left and he began to set the table for two. Turning down the lights a bit, he lit several candles all over the kitchen, living room and especially at the dining table, and topping the beautiful mood with soft music. He made sure all the curtains were drawn and poured two champagne glasses of non-alcoholic cider, keeping consideration for his pregnant wife. He finished the last setting on the table just as he heard the door handle shift.

"Ready for her?" Rose poked her head in and asked. "Oh my god, it smells so good in here!"

Shej laughed and nodded, motioning for Rose to let Leena in.

Leena looked dazzling in the dress he picked out for her, her baby bump complimented by the dress when she wanted to show it off, otherwise the layered skirt hid it perfectly. Her hairstyle closely resembled how she had it the night of her coming Of Age and her makeup was soft and natural, not too heavy or overdone.

"You look amazing," he said breathlessly, walking up to her.

Rosalie smiled at them and let herself back out quietly.