Episode 93 - Destined Friendship 2 'Dogs picking a fight'

ابدأ من البداية

"......" The Paladins.

"....." Zene's trainees

The two groups were left alone without supervision. Who knows if a cat/dog fight will erupt.

'Louis. You handle this.' Eugene gave the gaming console back to Louis and secretly sent him a telepathic message.

"....." Louis raised a brow at Eugene. What are you doing?

Whatever can silence be? Is there not a sound of wind rustling, or the sound of your steady heartbeat? Although the quietness grows deeper, the anticipation of a mini storm also grows deeper; this is not silence.

With a stomp, a youth with short hair and a deep cut on his right cheek stepped out.

'Dog fight?' Eugene widened her eyes in anticipation. To her disappointment, it was only a farce.

"Name is Arie. 16 years old." He said arrogantly with a hint of laziness.

"These two here are my younger twin brothers. Aren, Argen. 15 years old." He pointed to the two youth who did not look identical.

"Bald one is Aren. Long hair is Argen."

The three brothers had jet black hair like Ario. Arie looked fierce and rowdy. Aren IS bald and looks like a monk. Last but not least, Argen is a pretty boy with long luscious hair. Most probably fits the King's type.

"The one in the ponytail is my distant cousin... I guess?" Arie continued, with a hint of confusion in his voice.

'I guess?' The paladins put on a blank look.

'How do you not know your cousin?' Eugene blinked at the slightly average looking teen that had a smile of kindness.

"His name is Dea, 18 years old. The last one there with short hair and a random white streak is named Con. Childhood friend, 16 years old like me." Arie finished nonchalantly, although no one asked.

Just by Arie's speech, everyone could tell that he was the main protagonist of the group.

'Tight knitted group of family and one friend.' Eugene nodded in her head.

She was slightly surprised at first when Arie introduced Aren and Argen as twins. It was only a split second before she realized they were in Zene and not in Xenperia. Only in Xenperia, are twins the rarest of rare.

"Twins aren't special here" Arie confirmed Eugene's thoughts.

"They don't get to become knights because they are twins." He sneered.

Whatever can silence be? Is there not a sound of wind rustling, or the sound of your raging heartbeat? Although the quietness grows deeper, the mini storm is here; this is not silence, this is a dog picking fights with lions.

2 minutes passed by as tension grew deeper.

'It's true.' Eugene acknowledged. She and Euria became Paladins without doing anything. It was also because they are twins that no one protested of them having this title. They are special in Xenperia even though they are born female. Though to outsiders, it would be bewildering and perplexing.

Surprisingly, Euria was the one who broke the silence.

'I guess you aren't loved by everyone then...' She softly whispered although it was audible to everyone because of the 'silent' atmosphere.

Arie stared at the small child with red eyes digging out sand with her boots. Contrary to her refutes, she was acting real cute and child-like.

'-Cough-' Arie brought his fist to his mouth. Seeing the child acting all coy, he couldn't muster his strength to get mad.