Chapter 85

My Daoist Heart Is As Solid As Rock, It’s Just But A Slight Breeze

‘The Taixu Temple Lord wants to mentally spar with Chu Kuangren?’

The moment those words came out, it immediately caused an uproar among everyone present.

What was the Taixu Temple Lord’s full identity?

Being the leader of the sage orthodoxy and an Honorable Supreme, the Taixu Temple Lord’s fame was known throughout the Azure Dragon Domain. Everywhere he went, he was revered.

Yet such a well-distinguished person wanted to mentally spar with a young junior?

‘When word spreads about this, it will shock everyone to death.’

Even Chu Kuangren froze for a while when he heard the Taixu Temple Lord’s words. No matter how he thought about it, Chu Kuangren still felt that the Taixu Temple Lord wanted to vent his anger on him.

‘Not bad, he knows how to fight back for the weak.’

Chu Kuangren chuckled and a glimmer of light flashed across his eyes.

The Taixu Temple Lord was not mistaken. Chu Kuangren had gone through multiple sessions of Daoist enlightenment, and on top of the Meditational Clarity Trait that he had gained, he had become ever more deeply in tune with his understanding of Daoism. Compared to his peers, Chu Kuangren had long surpassed all of them in leagues.

No, even the experienced senior cultivators could not hope to compete with him too.

Chu Kuangren knew that he would not be able to gain much understanding and insight into Daoism if he continued to mentally spar with the cultivators of his generation. So only by mentally sparring with top-notched cultivators would he be able to gain tremendous insights.

The Taixu Temple Lord was undoubtedly someone like that.

“A junior like me will not dare to refuse the Temple Lord’s invite.”

Chu Kuangren smiled gently.

“Very well. Then I shall wait for you in the Distant Day Palace Hall tomorrow.” With a simple smile, the Taixu Temple Lord bowed and left.

As he turned around to leave, a hint of regret flashed past the Taixu Temple Lord’s eyes.

‘Sigh, I was too impulsive, just too impulsive.’

A high and mighty Honorable Supreme like him actually proposed a mental sparring match with a young junior cultivator. If word were to spread about this, he would be embarrassed to death.

However, since those words had been spoken, he had no way of turning back.

After the Taixu Temple Lord and others left, the Seventh Forefather frowned. “Hey kid, do you truly intend to mentally spar with the Taixu Temple Lord?”

“Naturally yes, of course. This is a great opportunity for me to properly witness and learn about the Taixu Temple’s Fully Realized Daoist techniques.”

“The Taixu Temple Lord is still an Honorable Supreme, kid. There aren’t many who can match his level of understanding in the Dao. Although your life won’t be in danger during the mental sparring match, I’m afraid it’d cause damage to your Daoist core if the difference is too great.”

“My Daoist core is as solid and unshaken as a rock!”

Chu Kuangren chuckled with confidence.

His level of understanding in the Dao was more or less on par with an Honorable, so even if the Taixu Temple Lord’s level of understanding in the Dao was much higher than him, it would not affect his Daoist heart.