Chapter 38

A Banquet Bluff, The Seventh Forefather Comes Out

The twelve petals of the golden lotus bloomed as a certain fragrance was released into the air.

After a while, the golden lotus slowly closed up.

The crowd stared at both Chu Kuangren and Lan Yu with unbelief and marvel. There was no question about it, these two were currently the best Sky-prides in the world.

When they thought of this, the crowd could not help but sigh.

The heavens were playing favorites. On top of their unparalleled talent in cultivation and spiritual practices, they were also blessed with outstanding looks.

Then again, comparing oneself to others would always end up leading to dissatisfaction.

Suddenly, the wonderfully prepared meal and drinks in front of the crowd seemed tasteless and dull.

They were obviously taken aback, and not by just a little bit, either.

“Oh, I almost forgot to mention, there’s a new type of liquor that was brewed from my White Jade Hotel. I’ll go get it and let everyone try it out. ”

Out of nowhere, Li Xingchen laughed and said.

He noticed something wrong in the air and was trying to lighten the mood.

Fortunately, thanks to his actions, the crowd regained their lost vigor. After some more socializing and chatter, the banquet ended successfully.

The morning of the second day.

Chu Kuangren woke up from his spiritual practice.

As was his routine, he summoned the Fantasy Roulette and began to make some rolls.

Iron grade items and a hundred Top-tier soulstones.

This was approximately the entire net worth of a normal Daoist cultivator.

Chu Kuangren did not even bat an eye and tossed them into his Yin and Yang Ring on top of the growing pile of similar soulstones. He then started to begin another boring day.

After leaving his room, he was invited to join Li Xingchen together for breakfast.

During that time, he witnessed a group of people gathering around the hall.

They seemed to be gathering at the sight of something.

Upon walking over to take a closer look, he realized that they were all staring at some words on the wall.

“In the heavens the White Jade City lies, Of twelve towers and five gates it comprises; As the goddess grants his gifts, My soul rejuvenates and my spirit it lifts… Nicely written, what a good poem.”

“Doesn’t the White Jade City here refer to the White Jade Hotel? With the magnificence of this building, it can even be known as a land of fairies on earth.”

“Wait a minute, take a look at the name of the signature, that’s the name of Chu Kuangren. This poem was made by Chu Kuangren himself, the one and only Chu Kuangren that challenged everyone in the word?”

“To think that the guy has a talent in poetry…”

Everyone in the crowd was deep in discussion.

In their eyes, the arrogant and overconfident Chu Kuangren who descended into the world and challenged everyone was only someone who was all talk and no show.

However, that beautifully written poem that described the beauty and grandeur of the White Jade Hotel was filled with such poetic talent that everyone found it hard to associate it with someone like Chu Kuangren.