136-140

Chapter 136: The Disastrous Godly Phoenix Egg, The Emperor Weapon Sacred Emerald Sword Case

“The Hundred Swords Spectrum? Sounds interesting. However, does it have any legitimacy to it?” Chu Kuangren asked curiously.

The most important factor when publishing a list of renowned swords was the recognition it would gain from the world. Otherwise, such a list would be nothing but a public joke.

“The Feng Family has been studying and garnering information for many years now. Aside from information of Sages, the Feng Family has a thorough understanding of many famous swords and swordsmen. This list is almost guaranteed to be legitimate.”

“Hmm, then I shall look forward to it,” Chu Kuangren said with a smile.

After conversing for half a day, Li Xingchen then took his leave.

Outside.

Li Xingchen’s body emitted a flash of light as a white-robed elder materialized into existence. “Xingchen, there’s definitely more to your friend than meets the eye.”

“Of course, Brother Chu is one of the most remarkable sky-prides of this generation.”

“It’s not only that but every time you meet him, I always have a feeling like I’m being watched and I’m forced to carefully conceal my aura to avoid his detection.”

“What? Can Brother Chu actually sense your existence?”

Li Xingchen was surprised.

After all, his teacher was the Remnant Spirit of a Battle Monarch. Even a Supreme Honourable would not be able to detect his presence, so Chu Kuangren could do that?!

“I don’t know either, but this person’s definitely not simple. I would rather face a Supreme Honourable in battle than to face him.”

“Teacher, you’re worrying too much now. Brother Chu is my friend and you’re my teacher, such battle would never happen in the first place.”

Li Xingchen said with a smile.

“Let’s hope that’s true.” Unknown to Li Xingchen, a troubled look flashed across the white-robed elder’s eyes.

In his room, Chu Kuangren was planning to study the sword case that he had gotten from the Sword Hoarder.

However, when he peeped into his inventory through his Yin and Yang Ring, he was shocked to see the soulstones that he had amassed reduced into a pile of useless cobbles. All their spiritual energies had been sucked dry.

Meanwhile, the fiery red Godly Phoenix Egg was lying amid the stone pile. The surface of the shell radiated brightly with a stream of mythical Daoist Rhymes.

Chu Kuangren was now dumbfounded.

Did the Godly Phoenix Egg just absorb all the spiritual energies from the soulstones?!

Damn it! There was at least more than ten million worth of soulstones in there. Was this rotten egg some sort of a prodigal pet?!

Not only his soulstones, but several other herbal ingredients and even the Stone of Phoenix Blood that Chu Kuangren had just acquired yesterday were drained of their spiritual energies too.

Chu Kuangren was so mad that his mouth twitched. He immediately took the Godly Phoenix Egg out and slammed it onto the ground. Due to the sudden change of environment, the Godly Phoenix Egg spun on the ground a few times as if it was panicking.

However, upon noticing Chu Kuangren, it immediately settled down and leaped around onto Chu Kuangren’s lap, communicating its friendliness and reliance through a vague form of telepathy.