Chapter 25

-The Confession-

"Open you eyes, cyar'ika..."

She did so, and they met an incredible sight:

Din.

The Din beneath the helmet, beneath the armour. Who had been there all along. Her eyes were still blurry from the tears from their goodbye with Leo, so she didn't get a super clear look, and then they were pressing their foreheads together. Their noses pressed together, tears mingling on their cheeks as they held each other close, never wanting to let go, both savouring the moment.

Fennec summoned Boba who came to retrieve them, while Bo and Koska kept the Imperial cruiser for themselves and left with Gideon, Cara going with them to ensure Gideon stayed alive so she could take him in for questioning and imprisonment. 

Din tried one last time to hand the darksaber over to Bo, but again, she refused.  "You must take it."

"I don't want it," he insisted.

"It doesn't matter, it's yours now."

He sighed.  "I'm sorry, I didn't realize that's how it worked, truly."

Bo just gave a stiff nod.  "Farewell, Brother." 

-------------------------------------------

"Dank farrik, Din! I love you, you idiot!..." 

She couldn't believe she had said that, or rather how  she had said it. She hadn't known how she wanted to say it, but that was definitely not how, definitely not the circumstances. It had slipped out in her panic that he would die right there in her arms. And now she had to face the consequences. 

Oh, kriff... Well, there was definitely no going back from that now, that was for sure.

Din, now back with his helmet on, gave Boba some coordinates, asking him to take them there and drop them off. 

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"You don't recognize the coordinates?"

"No, should I?"

"We've only been there once before."

She recognized it right away as soon as Boba descended. "Takodana!"

"What will you do?" Aula asked Boba. 

"I have some unfinished business elsewhere."

"Well, good luck. And thank you."

"You as well." And just like that, he and Fennec were gone. 

"Well, well, look who has once again graced my doorstep." Maz smiled when she saw them.  She noticed the lack of Leo right away.  "You completed your tasks, then? Both of you?"