Chapter 3

-Pirate Queen-

"Well, I think we've found the  contact," Aula said

"Well, I think we've found the  contact," Aula said. She turned to the small woman making her way over to them. "Maz Katana?"

"Yes."

"I'm Aula - but looks like you already know that. You knew I was coming?"

"Yes, I did." Maz removed her goggles and blinked up at her with small, dark eyes. "Where's your mentor?"

Aula's demeanor drooped. "Mentor was killed, I'm afraid. I'm the only one left. The last of the Krystal Keepers."

Maz reached out and took her hand in both of her own.  "I am very sorry to hear this news, child.  But I have faith in you and this mission."

Aula smiled. "Thank you."

Maz smiled back, squeezing her hand once more before turning to look at those standing behind her, assessing them. "A Mandalorian and a child - you have chosen interesting travel companions."

"I'm not sure I really chose them, but-" More  they like chose me - or at least the kid did. Thanks kid!  She was grateful for it, however it had happened. 

Maz gestured for them to follow her. "Come on, let's get down to business." She led them deeper into the cantina, which had now resumed the steady bustling as before.  

She stopped at a large round booth in the far corner. "Take a seat, get yourselves settled - I'll be right back."

Aula sat at one end of the booth, Mando at the other, he placing the child between them, who looked as excited as Aula felt. 

Maz returned shortly after baring a tray of food and drinks.  "Have a drink and some food, on the house - though I expect you'll tip handsomely."

Aula tossed a couple of credits onto the table.

Maz smiled. "Thank you, dear."

"Can you stop the music?" Mando spoke. 

Maz eyed him.  "You don't like my band?"

"It's distracting."

"I like the music!" Aula commented.

Maz eyed  the armoured man for a moment longer before snapping her fingers.  The band instantly stopped playing.  "Take a short break folks." She glanced at Mando pointedly as she turned back to Aula.  "Now, let's see this package of yours."

Without further ado, Aula withdrew the wrapped item and handed it to Maz, who put on her goggles again and unwrapped the package to inspect it. Everyone leaned in to see what it was.

A chunk of clear crystal.

"Kyber Crystal," Maz stated immediately. "Have you heard of it?"

"It sounds vaguely familiar, must have heard it in passing. What is it?"