Chapter 22

-The First Step-

"Hey, what's wrong?" Cara noticed Aula's dimness right away. Even Din's stance wasn't as strong as usual.

"They took Leo."

"Moff Gideon?"

"Yes. We need your help."

"Name it."

"We need you to locate someone in the prison registry."

"Okay, let's see what I can do..." She punched something into the screen.  "Got him: Migs Mayfeld." 

-----------------------------------

"I can't believe we're actually trusting him," sighed Aula. 

"We have no other choice," Din insisted. 

They did say desperate times called for desperate measures, and this was certainly a desperate time.

"Oh!" cried Mayfeld, startled  when he saw Boba.  "I thought you were another guy."

"This other guy." Aula and Din strode down the walkway towards him.

"Mayfeld," Din greeted.

"Hey, Mando, long time. So, you here to kill me?"

"All you need to know is that I bent a lot of rules to bring you along," Cara told him.

"Why am I so lucky?"

"'Cause you're Imperial."

"Hey, that was a long time ago, alright-"

"But you still know your Imperial clearances and protocols, don't you," said Din. 

"That's all we need," added Aula.

"We need coordinates for Moff Gideon's cruiser," Din told him once they were on board and on route. 

"Moff Gideon? Forget it. Just take me back to the scrapyard, I'm not doing that."

"He's got their kid," Cara interjected.

"The little green guy?"

"Yeah, 'the little green guy'."

"Alright, but here's the thing, I can't get those coordinates unless I have access to an internal Imperial terminal."

"Try saying that five times fast," Aula said, but without her usual light.

"I believe there's one on Morak."

"There's nothing on Morak."

"It's a secret Imperial mining hub, okay."

"Mining?" This caught Aula's attention. 

"Yeah, if you can get me in there, I can get you the coordinates."