Chapter 2

-The Upstander- 

(Could only find the version of this Gif with Clint in it as well!)

Mando was just putting the new supplies in the storage container when a loud gasp came from the cockpit. He rushed up the ladder, wondering if it was the child.

But Aula Taine stood there, holding the baby in her arms, beaming at him, the child beaming back. "Oh! Aren't you just the cutest little thing! He's like a wrinkly little green bean!" The child gurgled happily and waved his arms around. "Aw I love you already!" She gave him a squeeze. The droid was zooming around her feet, beeping happily.

Mando sighed. What had he gotten himself into this time? Well, at least the kid seemed happy.

She set the baby back in his round pram. "Your son is adorable."

"He's not my son."

"Oh - I wasn't sure. But I guess I don't know what you look like under that helmet."

"Not like that." He nodded to the kid.

"Cutie pie!" She tickled the baby under the chin, making him gurgle with laughter. 

"We need to stop for fuel. I would have back there, but it seemed best to get away as quickly as possible."

"Makes sense."

"So we'll stop on the way to Takodana." 

"Sounds good."

He plugged in their course onto the control board. 

"So, what's your name?" Silence. "Want me to try and guess it?"

"You can call me 'Mando'. Everyone does."

"'Mando.' Okay. Mando... Mando... And what about you, you little cutie?" she cooed to the baby. "What's your name you handsome little guy?" She looked up at Mando.  "What's his name?"

"I don't know."

"Aw, that's too bad. We'd better find out. And what about your ship? Does it have a name? I hear people sometimes name their ships."

He bit back a sigh.  "The Razor Crest."

"Razor Crest. Cool, I like that!"

"Buckle up," Mando ordered, nodding to the co-pilots seat.  "We'll be jumping into Hyperspace."

She sat down in the seat and strapped in.  "Ready little guy? Hang on! Hold on, CC!"

Mando pressed the lever and the ship shot off.