Chapter 20

-The Friend-

Aula could tell that Din was a bit frustrated that Ahsoka had not upheld her end of the bargain and had denied Grogu training. But there was also something else she sensed with him after leaving Corvus and meeting the Jedi:

A sense of relief.

She was relieved as well - it had hit her there in the forest with Ahsoka that they would have to say goodbye to their little bean, and neither were ready for that. 

Grogu. She wondered how long it was going to take her to get used to calling him that instead of the 'Leo' she had come to associate him with. 

"Grogu," said Din.

"Dooo." Leo - Grogu - looked up at him.

Din chuckled. "Grogu." 

"Dooo."

"Let me try - hey Grogu!" Aula called, waving. 

"DOO!" 

"Grogu, give me the ball." Din took back the little silver ball and held it up.  "Okay, here we go. You can have it, just like before."

It took him a moment, but Grogu held out his hand and grabbed back the ball through the Force. 

"Dank farrik!" Din cheered. Having only ever heard this used as a curse before, Grogu looked worried. "No, no I'm not mad at you, you did good," Din assured him. "It's just, when the nice lady said you had training, I just - you're very special, kid."

"You sure are," Aula agreed. "Very special indeed."

----------------------------------------

"You take Leo and get something to eat," Din suggested as they landed at their stop in between destinations.

"Okay, what about you?"

"I'll get something. But I really need to get the ship fueled and patched up. So I'll meet you back here in, let's say, an hour."

"Sounds good, see you then."

"What's the blanket for?"

"It's so nice here - maybe we'll have a picnic." She picked up Leo and strolled from the ship and into the bustling market, where a delicious combination of smells led them right through the market and to the equally-busy cantina. 

"Hello there, how can I help you?" greeted the woman behind the counter. 

"Hi. We'll have two of your daily specials please," Aula  requested for both of them.  "And would it be alright if we ate it outside, made a picnic out of it?"