13

The day after valentine's day is always the best. Discount Candy! I stretch my arms getting up from bed. As always I didn't get much sleep and woke up first. I rub my eyes as I go to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

I check my phone coming back to the room. I squinted my eyes and read that it's 5:23am. I climb back to the bed and regretted it;I woke Nikki up. Kathy who was very tired is still fast asleep probably dreaming.

"Kai it's like 5am why are you up so early," she asked as her voice cracks.

"Can't sleep," I simply say. She sighs loudly as she cuddles her puppy going back to sleep. I sat on the floor getting on my phone. I hit play on a playlist called 'pre-game', weird name though. My stomach growls continuously as time flies by. Around 8 Nikki's mom was checking up on us.

"Want to eat," she smiles. "Don't say no because I can hear your stomach coming here."

"Sure thank you," I say with a grin. I get up and saw pancakes and sausages being served. I place some of each on my plate as everyone else came along.

"Morning," Kathy says walking to the table.

"Hey," Nikki say getting a plate of eggs placing it on the table.

"Good morning girls," Nikki's dad says placing a quick peck on Nikki's mom's cheek. He then walks to his seat and we greeted him back. We continue to eat our meal and Kathy starts to pack up. She has to go to her practice.

"Hey Kai want to stay for another night we got Monday off anyway," Nikki says as I finished changing.

"I have to ask my mom first," I say fixing my top. She nods as she gives me my phone. I start to talk to my mom and she agrees for me to stay another night. I tell Nikki the news and she did a mine celebration dance. Her parents look at her questionably and laughed.

"Guess your staying then. You can shower if you want to," I nodded as I grab my towel. I took a while to figure out how each knob works. When I was done I dry myself off and put some fresh clothes on. Kathy and Nikki were dancing when I walked in and I slowly close the door. Nikki saw me and called for me.

"Kai we're gonna go to my cousin's house. You live near Juan right?" I nodded and followed her to her room. After a bit Kathy's ride came for her and I am alone with Nikki in her room. I sat at the edge of the bed as she fix her room a bit.

"Oh no I forgot my bi cousin is coming," she says worryingly. I was slightly confused but I didn't really care even though I really want to meet her. Before I know it, I heard a knock on the door. I open the door and saw Nikki's dad.

"Your cousins are here why don't you introduce Kylie to them," I look over to Nikki and she nods and goes out to the door and I follow her. We walk to her living room and I made eye contact with the rest of her family.

"Family this is Kylie. Kylie, this is Jamie," she points to a girl around our age. "This is Janice," she points to a girl older than me who's wearing a Pokemon hoodie. "Also this is my Uncle Jose and Aunt Maria. I shook their hands and gave a smile. I saw Janice smiles at me but continues to play with her dog who I later find out name was Gizmo.

We left their house and went to the venue but before we did we made a couple of pit stops. The first one was at the liquor store and the other one was at the gas station.

After a bit we arrive to Juan's house. I awkwardly make my way inside the house. I followed Nikki basically every where except the bathroom and only when I needed to. After I are was introduced briefly to everyone I sat on the couch watching a Hispanic movie. I could only understand some words based in the subtitles at the bottom. When it ended we start to watch Iron man 2. It was also almost done and the Avengers was next. When the commercial between the movies was long,I was starting to doze off and Nikki hit my arm.