60 | locker rooms.

a/n: filler chapter until i finish writing & editing the chapter that i'm working on...

no spoilers, but the chapter 61 will be the longest chapter & kinda chaotic;)

prepare for some chaos;) anyways, i hope you all enjoy this chapter. i love you all. mwah <3
------------------------------------------------------------------

charlotte's pov.

I knock lightly on Hotch's office door, anxiously rocking back and forth on my heels as I think back to what just happened;

Derek remembered the reason I hate New York and remembered how big of a bitch my mother could be. On top of that, I flinched at his touch-like I do with everyone-and he just looked down at me and muttered something underneath his breath. Then, he proceeded to act like nothing fucking happened between us and brushed it off.

Why the hell would be do that?

If he's starting to remember things, why is he just ignoring it and letting me go?

What if this entire situation changed his mind about me?

What if I'm not the girl he's in love with anymore? Will I be able to deal with that?

I hear a muffled come in come from inside of Hotch's office, interrupting me out of all of my thoughts.

I slowly turn the door handle, opening the office door, "Sorry, I don't mean to interrupt. I just- could I speak to you for a moment?" I ask, glancing between Hotch and Strauss.

Strauss clears her throat, "You're not interrupting. We were just talking about you." She states.

Hotch glances at her, his brows furrowed as his forehead creases a bit. He shakes his head in annoyance, his lips parting slowly as he lets out a heavy sigh.

"Come, join us." Strauss states with a smile.

Hotch lets out a heavy exhale as I take a seat across from him, "What did you want to speak to me about, Rhodes?" He asks.

I nod slightly, "Right. I, uh, I'm staying. I mean- if you could, I would really like my job back. I don't- I don't see the point of leaving and going to arson yet-there isn't a point of leaving. I just- This team is my family and I don't want to leave yet." I state.

Strauss furrows her brow slightly, "We're already looking for your replacement. I'm not sure if we can give you your spot back. That would go against all protocol-giving you a favor like that." She states.

Hotch shakes his head, letting out a heavy sigh as he pinches the bridge of his nose in annoyance, trying not to lash out at Strauss.

"Hotch?" I ask, turning to him.

Hotch nods, grinning softly, "You can have your spot back on this team, effective immediately." He states in a stern tone.

"Agent Hotchner." Strauss states, sternly.

"You're dismissed, Rhodes. Welcome back to the team." Hotch states, glancing back and forth between Strauss and I.

Strauss stands up out of her seat, anger rising inside of her, "Her paperwork is going through the transfer right now! You can't just put a halt on the system!" She exclaims.

I watch as Penelope passes by the window, glancing through the blinds. Her eyes meet mine as she begins to hear the indistinct yelling coming from Hotch's office.

Her footsteps come to a sudden halt as she turns slightly on her heels, lightly knocking before opening the door to Hotch's office.

She smiles softly, "Good evening, sir. Sorry to interrupt, but Agent Rhodes transfer to Arson has just been declined." She states.