03 | profiling

charlotte's pov.

I smile softly to myself as I walk out of the bureau. I walk to my car, an anxious feeling rumbling in the lower part of my stomach. My phone begins to buzz as I get to my car. I pull my phone out of my purse, turning it on and checking my notification center.

From Unknown:
Hey there, newbie.

I smile softly at my phone, rolling my eyes playfully. My brow furrows slightly.

To Unknown:
Huckleberry?

From Unknown:
You know it ;)

I shake my head slightly, giggling softly to myself.

To Unknown:
So, where are we meeting?

From Unknown:
Joe's bar. Be there by 9.

I nod to myself, clicking the power button on my phone, shutting it off. I slip my phone back into my purse, exchanging it for my keys. I put the keys into the ignition, the warm heat filling my car. I put my car into reverse, pulling out of the parking lot. Driving away, I notice Derek walking to his car. I wave to him slightly as he grins widely, waving back. I drive off, smiling softly to myself. The drive to my house is short, mostly filled with me jamming out to Harry Styles music.

I pull into the driveway of my house, parking my car immediately. I pull my keys out of the ignition before climbing out of the car. I slowly walk up the patio steps as I pull my keys out again, unlocking my front door. I slip inside my house, shutting the door behind me. I let out a heavy sigh, pulling out my phone. I dial my mother's number, putting the phone to my ear. The receiver beeps, letting me know that my mother picked up.

My mother lets out a soft giggle, "Two calls in a day? Are you feeling feverish, hon?" She asks.

I roll my eyes, "I'm just calling to let you know that I got the job." I state.

My mother lets out a squeal, "Good job! Now, you'll be able to work for the things you own." She states.

I groan, "Mother, I'm an adult. I'm obviously going to pay for my own things and work for the things that I want." I state.

"Yes, I understand that. But, you also said that when you moved to Virginia, and there you are, living in my old house." She states.

"You never even used this house." I state.

"I'm just saying that you should've stayed in New York. You would look so good in the fashion show that I'm hosting tonight." She states.

I roll my eyes again, "Mother, I am not going to spend the rest of my life modeling at your fashion shows." I state, groaning lightly.

"I understand." She states.

I shake my head, "Anyways, I have to go. The team and I are going out tonight to celebrate my new spot on the team." I lie.

"Give Nate a call while you're at it. I'm sure he misses you dearly." She states.

"Nate and I broke up. I don't see the point of calling him right now." I state, sternly.

"Okay, I'm just saying that you should fix things with him. It's for the good of both of you. Plus, I don't want you to be on bad terms with people. The stress will give you wrinkles." She states in a low tone.

I groan, "I'm ending the call now. Bye, mom."

"Bye, hon." I hear her mumble as I pull the phone away from my ear, hanging up the call.

It's not like I hate my mother, of course not. I just don't want to carry on her legacy, and I certainly do not want to live the live she does. My siblings - Serena, Eric, and I have lived our childhoods listening to her get in arguments with her husbands and then watch as she got divorced and got remarried. I'm the oldest of the three of us. Eric is 16, Serena is 18, and I'm 20. My entire childhood, I thought that William was my father - but turns out, David Rossi is, and now I just so happen to work at the bureau with him. When I found out that William wasn't my father, I was pretty shaken up. I didn't want to believe it - but then again, I wasn't surprised. William was absent most of my childhood anyways.