55 | amnesia.

a/n: filler chapter because i had total writer's block while writing!! enjoy!! i love you all<3
------------------------------------------------------------------

derek's pov.

I wake up from a nap that feels like hours, feeling slightly uncomfortable as I glance around—unaware of my location.

My eyesight hazes as my eyes flutter open, glancing around the room—noticing that I'm in the hospital.

I furrow my brow, heavy confusion filling my mind immediately.

"What the hell happened?" I mutter to myself, rubbing my temples as I yawn.

I look around, grasping for the remote at my side—pressing the call nurse button.

Within seconds, the nurse walks into my hospital room, "You're awake..." She states in a slightly excited tone.

I open my mouth, going to say something, but no words come out—it's like I've forgotten every word that I've ever learned.

The nurse smiles softly as she approaches my bedside, checking my vitals, "It's okay, hon. Don't strain yourself to speak. I just paged Dr. Shepherd, so he should be with you shortly." She states.

I nod, my brow furrowed slightly. I have so many damn questions.

What happened?

Why the hell am I in the hospital?

Where is the team?

Was nobody called to check on me?

What time is it?

How did I wound up here?

Where is everyone?

I sigh, resting my head back against the pillows as the nurse adjusts my bed. I feel a headache grow in my mind.

Suddenly, a male doctor and a female doctor walk into the hospital room, their eyes landing on me almost immediately—both of them looking at me in complete disbelief.

"You're awake!" The female doctor exclaims in pure joy.

The male doctor smiles, "Hey there, stranger. We've missed you. How are you feeling?" He asks, curiously.

I shrug, "I- uh, I- what happened?" I ask in a low tone, rubbing my temples once more as I strain my brain for answers.

The female doctor glances at the male doctor as they both exchange concerned looks. The male doctor whispers something to the female doctor—causing her to leave the room as he walks up to my bedside.

He pulls a flashlight out of his coat pocket, flickering it on as he flashes the light at both of my eyes, "You were in an accident while working in the field. A building collapsed while you were inside." He states.

I stay silent, sitting there—my mind still frozen in utter disbelief as I try to process everything that is going on at the moment.

"Do you remember that?" The doctor asks.

I shake my head, piercing my lips together.

"Do you know where you're at?" He asks.

"The hospital." I state, glancing around.

The doctors' brow furrows, "Do you know the name of the hospital?" He asks, making this start to sound like an interrogation.

I think for a moment, "Uh, I-" I pause, shaking my head, "No." I mutter.