48 | biggest lead.

derek's pov.

time lapse: four months!

I slowly walk over to Charlotte, two small mugs in hand, "Here, you look like hell." I state with a low, breathy chuckle as I hand her one of the mugs.

Charlotte smiles softly as she takes the mug into her hands, "Thank you." She mutters as I wrap my arms around her, giving her a comforting hug from behind.

I hum in response, kissing the crook of her neck softly before pulling away, "That's tea, by the way." I state, grinning softly.

"I wanted coffee." Charlotte pouts.

I nod, "Yeah, I know--hence why I said, you look like hell. You haven't slept in days due to this case, and I'm not going to feed you more caffeine." I state, shaking my head.

Charlotte scoffs, "You are so-" She begins.

I chuckle lightly, "I'm so what?" I ask with a teasing grin.

Charlotte rolls her eyes, pushing me away playfully, "Don't get too cocky." She states.

I take a small sip of my coffee, shaking my head slightly, "Who said anything about getting cocky?" I ask with a playful smile.

"Shut up." Charlotte states, swatting me with one of the case files.

I hum softly in response, a small smile dancing on my lips as I take another sip of my coffee.

I walk over to the other side of the table, taking a seat across from Charlotte. I let out a sharp exhale as I begin to rummage through the case files, my hands fumbling through all the pages of evidence.

I let out a soft groan in annoyance as I continue to look for leads. We've been in Dallas for four months now, and there's been no lead whatsoever.

I glance up, grinning softly as I watch Charlotte read the case file patiently, her concentration stronger than ever. My brow furrows as I examine her closely.

I never understood how one could be so concentratated as they read, but Charlotte makes it look so easy. She looks so graceful as she turns the page, her hair falling as she leans forward a bit.

The office door busts open, starling both Charlotte and I as Reid comes rushing into the room, "Drop everything and anything that you have. I think Garcia and I just found the biggest lead we've had throughout this entire case." He rambles as he walks up to the whiteboard.

Charlotte's brow furrows, "What do you got?" She asks, curiously.

Reid turns around, facing the two of us, "I- where is the rest of the team?" He asks.

I chuckle lightly at his sudden halt, "In the other office. Charlotte and I moved in here to go over case files to see if we could find anything useful while the rest of the team worked on a geographical profile." I explain.

Reid shakes his head, letting out a heavy sigh, "Then come with me." He states as he begins to wheel the whiteboard out of the office.

Charlotte and I exchange small, confused glances as he rushes out of the room. Both of us take two hesitant steps before following after him.

Charlotte and I walk out of the office as we immediately notice Reid, who is struggling to push the whiteboard around the corner.

"I got it." I mutter, walking over to him as Charlotte lets out a soft giggle.

I push the whiteboard into the room as Charlotte follows close behind.

Reid rushes into the room as well, his hands jittery as his lips part quickly, "Drop everything and anything that you have. Garcia and I have found the biggest lead that we've had this entire time." He states in a stern and assured tone.