05 | clubbing

charlotte's pov.

I giggle softly as Derek and I climb out of the car.

He wraps his arm around me as we walk on the sidewalk, "We're about to get you wasted, newbie." He pauses, "And I'll make sure it's some cheap kind of alcohol so that you can have another first experience." He states, grinning widely as he looks down at me.

I nod, smiling softly. Eagerness rises in my bones as Derek and I walk into the club. My heart beat immediately speeds up, the music vibrating my body as we step inside. The loud music makes Derek talk a lot louder, making sure that I can still hear him.

He looks down at me, grinning softly, "The team should be around her somewhere."

I nod, looking around with him, "I see Spence and uh-" I begin, forgetting names.

Derek chuckles lightly, "That's JJ. She's really nice, you'll like her, trust me." He states.

I nod, following Derek through the crowded club. I smile softly as we near Spence and JJ.

"Hi! I'm so glad you guys could make it!" The blonde states, smiling softly.

"JJ, right?" I ask.

She nods, "Yeah. It's so nice to meet you, Charlotte. I'm so sorry we couldn't catch up a lot earlier, I was completely distracted by Emily." She states, giggling softly.

I nod, "It's no big deal, really." I state.

I turn around, noticing that Derek is no where in sight. My brow furrows in confusion as I look around the club.

Spence chuckles softly, "Don't worry, he'll show up again soon. He's probably at the bar getting the both you drinks." He states, piercing his lips together.

I nod, "Thanks for letting me know." I state, giggling softly.

He nods, taking a seat at the table, "So, what's a girl like you doing in Virginia? Garcia told me that you're originally from Manhatten." He states.

My lips part slowly, "Yeah, I just felt like I really needed a fresh start. Manhatten may be the state that I grew up in, but I definitely don't want to spend the rest of my life there. I mean, fame and spotlight really isn't my thing. But, I do miss paparazzi a bit." I joke.

Spence chuckles, "What's being in the spotlight like for you?" He asks, curiously.

"So tiring. I mean, I used to have paparazzi lined up in front of my penthouse, and they followed me everywhere." I state, sighing softly as all of the memories rush back into my mind, making me feel really nostalgic.

Spence nods, "I'm sorry. That must've been horrible." He states.

I nod, "Yeah, but a part of me still misses Manhatten, of course. I just wanted to get out of the spotlight for a while and clear my name and legacy." I state.

"Here you go, newbie." A familiar voice states, placing a bottle of beer in front of me.

I smile softly, looking up at Derek, "Thank you, huckleberry." I state, emitting a chuckle from Derek as he playfully rolls his eyes.

"What are you guys up to?" He asks in a slightly curious tone.

Spence's lips part slowly, "Charlie was just telling me what it was like in Manhatten. Did you know that she's famous up there? I mean, paparazzi followed her everywhere."

Derek's jaw drops slightly, turning to me as I take a sip of my beer, "Really? I had no idea."

I choke slightly on my beer, kicking Derek under the table slightly.