22 | the jet.

derek's pov.

I glance over to Charlotte every so often as we crusade down the streets of Chicago. All of the windows in the car are down, causing her hair to flap around in the wind.

I grin softly to myself, watching as she grabs the aux cord and plugs it into her phone.

I shake my head, chuckling softly, "Nuh uh, none of that." I state I try to grab the aux cord out of her hand.

"Why!?" She squeals.

I shake my head, biting my bottom lip, "You have horrible music taste." I state.

Charlotte gasps, "I do not!" She exclaims at her own defense, swatting my arm playfully.

I chuckle light-heartedly, playfully pushing her body away from me, "Yes. Yes you do."

"Oh, so I do, but you don't?" She asks.

I glance over to her, my eyes meeting hers as I try to maintain focus on the road at the same time, "You don't even know what kind of music taste I have." I state, defensively.

She nods slightly, "You have a solid point there, huckleberry, but you probably do have bad music taste." She teases.

I nod, "Whatever you say, princess." I state.

Charlotte's lips part slowly at my words, her eyes meeting mine as I pull into a parking spot at the airstrip. Her cheeks flush before turning a bright, rosy red color.

"I- You, uh- I-" She begins to stammer.

I chuckle lightly, "Cat got your tongue, princess?" I ask in a teasing tone, climbing out of the car and walking towards the jet.

She shakes her head, slowly slipping out of the car and shutting the door behind him. I chuckle under my breath as she slowly lingers after me. Charlotte and I climb into the jet, the entire team's eyes darting to us.

Emily shakes her head, chuckling softly, "It took you guys long enough!" She exclaims.

I chuckle lightly, shaking my head as I lie down on the couch, "You would've taken a lot longer if you weren't so scared of getting on Hotch's bad side." I hiss back.

Emily gasps lightly, "I am not!" She exclaims, defensively.

I nod lightly, "Whatever you say, Prentiss." I state in a teasing tone, watching as Charlotte sits down on the couch beside me.

Reid approaches Charlotte, handing her a small cup of coffee, "I put your go-bag in the luggage port, along with my things. You left it at the hotel and I just thought you'd want it instead of leaving it in some lousy hotel room." He states as the both of them begin to chuckle lightly.

My cheeks flare up a bit at his words--I'm not jealous of Reid, definitely not. I just wish I could understand Charlotte as well as he does. I mean, they watch her favorite movie together while working on case files and discuss books that I've never even read. I just wish I could do that with her, too. I wish I could have a bond with her where she wasn't constantly pushing me away.

Charlotte glances over to me, her brows furrowing. She pulls her phone out of her pocket, immediately typing rapidly on her keyboard. She stops after a bit, causing my phone to ding seconds later.

From Charlotte:
You okay? Your cheeks look a little red.

I nod to myself before typing on my keyboard.

To Charlotte:
I'm great. Really great.

She giggles softly to herself before typing on the keyboard.