10 | leads

derek's pov.

My eyes flutter open in confusion. I glance over, noticing Charlotte still asleep in bed.

When the hell did i even fall asleep? I think to myself as my brow furrows slightly.

I let out a small yawn, looking down at my watch - 9:48am.

I watch as Charlotte rolls over in bed, letting out a small, soft groan. I chuckle lightly at her soft groan.

Her eyes flutter open, "What are you doing in here?" She asks in a startled tone.

I shake my head, "I fell asleep in here last night." I state, smiling softly as Charlotte rubs her eyes, sleepily.

"What time is it?" She asks, yawning softly.

I glance down at my watch again, "9:52." I state, looking back over to her.

Charlotte yawns again, "Get out." She states.

"Why?" I ask, my brow furrowing.

Charlotte rolls her eyes, "Because I have to get dressed. Now get out." She states.

"I've seen you get dressed before." I state, my brow furrowing slightly.

Charlotte rolls her eyes, "Yes, that was before we kissed. I don't want you any more ideas, huckleberry. Therefore, I need you to get out so I can get dressed." She states.

I nod, climbing off the bay window, "You got it, newbie." I state, walking out of her room.

I walk down the hall, intrigued by the strong smell of waffles and syrup. I walk into the dining area, noticing the team sitting around the table with Rufus, Charlotte's step-father, and Lilly, her mother. I grin softly as I take a seat next to Reid.

"Is Charlotte awake?" Lilly asks.

I nod, taking a bite out of my waffle, "I left the room so she could get dressed." I state.

Lilly nods in understanding, "I apologize. I would've woken you last night so you could go to the Empire with Charles and the rest of your team, but you looked so peaceful while sleeping on the bench of her bay window." She states, shrugging her shoulders.

I shake my head, "Oh no, it's okay, really. I'm glad you let me sleep, I really needed the rest." I state in a reassuring tone.

Lilly nods, her brow furrowing slightly as she glances over to the hall, "Where is Charlotte? She should be ready and out here eating breakfast by now." She states.

Hotch's brow furrows, "Does she usually take this long?" He asks.

Lilly shakes her head, "She usually never gets dressed for breakfast. Most of the time she eats breakfast in her pajamas and then gets ready afterwards." She states.

Hotch looks over to me, shooting me a small glance. I nod in understanding, "If you'll excuse me for a quick moment." I state, getting out of my chair and walking back down the hall.

I walk into her bedroom, shaking my head at the sight of Charlotte being gone, "Hotch!" I yell.

Hotch walks into the room, "What is it?" He pauses, looking around, "Where is she?" He asks, his brows furrowing in deep concern.

I walk over to the bench in front of Charlotte's room, "I think Tripp van der Bilt would know." I state, grabbing the note that Tripp had left.

"What is that?" Hotch asks, walking over to stand beside me as we both read the note.

You fools really thought I wouldn't find out that the 'it girl' of the upper east side was camped out up here. It's a shocker that she hasn't tried to sneak out of here already. I wonder what I should do with her now, since I haven't been able to get her into a car accident. Possible drug overdose? Or some sort of torture? I mean, after all, it is revenge.

I shake my head, "This son of a bitch..." I mumble, clutching the note into hand.

I storm out of her bedroom, "She's gone. Charlotte isn't in her room, and we think Tripp has her." I state.

"How can you be so sure?" Lilly asks.

I show her the note, "He left evidence - a handwritten letter." I state, "But don't worry, we're gonna track them down and lock this son of a bitch up. Once and for all." I state.

•••

I shake my head, letting out a groan, "Garcia, do you have any updates whatsoever? Like any possible whereabouts that could lead us to where they could be?" I ask, glancing over to her, hoping that she could give me the slightest amount of information or details.

Garcia shakes her head, "Nothing. I have looked everywhere, scanned everything, and even tried tracking down both cell phones. Still nothing." She states.

"I think it's time we put out an APB and get the media involved." Emily states, tossing one of the files onto the table in front of her.

I shake my head, "No!" I pause, clearing my throat, "I mean uh- he might try to harm her in some type of way. Alerting the media may cause him to devolve more." I state.

JJ nods, "She hasn't even been missing for more than an hour, so we don't even know if the media would listen. It would depend on what kind of past Charlotte has." She states, shrugging her shoulders.

Lilly shakes her head, walking into the room, handing me a cup of coffee, "Charlotte did have one situation where she fled off to boarding school with her half sister, Serena. But other than that, her record is clean. If you tell the media anything, they'll probably believe you." She states.

I think for a moment before the lightbulb goes off in my mind, "Gossip Girl!" I exclaim.

I stand up, walking over to Garcia, "If we put out an APB on Gossip Girl, the whole upper east side will be on the lookout for Charlotte. They care more about the major it girl than themselves. It's what they do." I state.

Hotch nods, turning to the team, "Garcia, make sure Gossip Girl sends out an APB. Reid, call Nathaniel Archibald and get him down here. We need to know if his cousin has any hidden properties we don't know about. Meanwhile, Garcia, cross check any recent card transactions that Tripp made with nearby locations or properties that he owns. JJ, you get to work with the media. Once the APB goes out, they'll go crazy. Head downstairs and talk to the press, paparazzi has been camped down there for the last 48 hours. Emily, Rossi, and I will head to the police station and fill out a missing person's report. Morgan, go through Charlotte's things and see if Tripp left any more small tips that could lead to evidence of where they might be." He instructs in a stern tone.

I nod in understanding, walking down the hall and back into Charlotte's room as the team separates to go do their own things.

Okay, Charlotte Rhodes, where could the mayor possibly have taken you?