58 | best friends.

charlotte's pov.

I let out a sharp, anxious exhale as Spence helps me off the ground.

He glances down at his watch as I get on my feet, "Okay, we have ten minutes and thirty four seconds until we have to get back to the bureau." He states in a low tone, look back over to me.

I nod, piercing my lips together as I rock back and forth on my feet.

He glances around the living room, "We can be a little late so that we can tidy up this place a bit-make it feel more like home and give you a fresh start." He states, glancing back over to me as a soft smile begins dancing on his lips.

I smile softly, "Thank you." I state.

He nods, letting out a sharp exhale as he begins grabbing the bottles of beer of the coffee table. I grasp the empty boxes that surround the living room, slowly letting them collapse so I can fold them up.

I carry the boxes to the storage room in my basement as Spence continues tossing the emptied beer bottles into a trash bag and throwing them out.

I walk back up the stairs, noticing Spence picking up the lighter while cleaning up a stain of previously spilled beer.

"Sorry." I mutter, rubbing my forehead.

"You have nothing to be sorry about." He states in a low tone, his eyes meeting mine.

I nod, piercing my lips together-if it weren't for Spence, I don't know where I would be at this point-he was by my side since the start, ever since I joined the BAU.

He slides the lighter into his pocket, picking up the last beer bottle, "This lighter is staying with me until further notice. I don't want to have to be this ass that controls you, the plan is to just keep you clean from self harm." He states in low tone.

I nod as Spence gets up to his feet, "Are you sober?" He asks, his eyes examining mine.

I shrug, "I was drunk earlier-it's kinda wearing off, so I don't really know." I state.

"Other than the beer?" He asks, his eyes searching mine.

"I didn't take anything." I mutter.

Spence's eyes narrow, "Really? So if I search each room in this house, I won't find anything?" He asks in a sharp, solemn tone.

My eyes flutter shut as I let out a sharp, defeated exhale.

"Charlotte, what did you take?" Spence asks again, his tone thickening.

I shrug, "I-I didn't take anyrhing. I'm sober. I just- T-There's oxy upstairs. The package is unopened. I thought about it but-" I begin to ramble in my own defense.

Spence shakes his head, "Is that it?" He asks.

I nod, piercing my lips together-I can tell that he's disappointed in the fact that I let it go so far, but I can tell that he also wants to help as much as he can.

"Weekly drug tests." Spence states.

"What?" I ask, my brow furrowing.

Spence sighs heavily, his longing eyes meeting mine, "I have connections to the hospital, so I'm going to make you take weekly drug tests. They'll stop once I'm sure that you're fully clean from anything and everything, so that I know you won't have any kind of relapses." He states.

I nod, "Got it." I state in a low tone, my eyes wandering as I try to avoid eye contact.

Spence nods slightly as he pierces his lips together, glancing around the living room.