19 | spontaneous

charlotte's pov.
tw: mentions of sexual assault!

I walk out of the youth center, Derek's arm wrapped around me. I smile as I look up at him, a cheeky grin plastered on his face as the streetlights make his eyes shimmer a bit.

"The team left." He states.

I giggle softly, "You are unbelievable, Sherlock." I state, shaking my head.

"What? I was just stating facts." He defends.

I shake my head slightly, "That's not stating facts, that's stating the obvious. There's a major difference." I state, giggling softly.

Derek shakes his head, "No, there really isn't." He states, shrugging his shoulders.

I nod, "Yes, there is! Stating the obvious is what you just did, whereas stating facts is where you state facts that can be proven with evidence." I state, my brow furrowing slightly at my words--honestly, I had no idea what I was saying, I was just trying to prove that I'm somewhat smarter than Derek.

He shakes his head, "See, you don't have a single clue what you're talking about right now because there is no difference." He states as we walk down the sidewalk.

I giggle softly, looking down at the ground in front of me as the two of us walk.

I feel Derek stop in his tracks. I stop along with him, my eyes meeting his, "Do you wanna do something spontaneous?" He asks.

My brow furrows at his words, "I don't follow..." I state, shrugging my shoulders.

Derek chuckles, "I want to do something spontaneous. Like, I don't know, run through the streets this late at night and make it seem like something is chasing us. Or, I want to go back to the hotel that the team is staying at and order a bunch of room service and say that we didn't order it or get into the elevator with a large group of people and say, "Now you may be wondering why I gathered you all here today," or-" He begins.

I giggle softly, "That sounds like fun." I state, cutting him off from his slight rambling.

Derek chuckles and nods, a small smile dancing on his lips, "On your mark..."

I shake my head, my brow furrowing slightly in confusion, "What?"

"Get set..." Derek continues.

"Wait, Derek. What are we doing?" I ask.

He ignores me, "Go!" He yells as he begins to bolt down the sidewalk.

I let out a breathless giggle, "Wait! Wait up! Wait for me!" I call out, running after him.

I catch up to his speed as we run down the sidewalk, both of our paces picking up faster and faster at each turn we take.

We run past a group of people, all of them looking at us in confusion. We laugh breathlessly, looking behind us--as if there was someone follow us, chasing us.

I smile softly, turning to Derek as we continue running, "Where are we going?" I ask in between my heavy breathing.

"Just follow me." He states, grinning widely.

I nod, following his as we cross the street. I giggle breathlessly as we come to a halt in front of a fence. Suddenly Derek wraps his arms around me, lifting me up.

I yelp in shock, "Put me down!" I exclaim.

Derek chuckles, shaking his head, "No, I'm helping you climb the fence. Now, stop causing a scene and making it seem like I'm kidnapping you, please." He states.