Chapter 1 - What master do you serve?

Chattering filled the museum, your date too busy with his phone and mindlessly following you around. Gazed upon by little children, rusting roman coins and pans were eaten away by time.

He had a prideful posture and not the attractive kind. Suit crisp, hair slicked back and pearly smile focused on the screen of his phone. As you tried to engage with him, your eyes caught sight of a text chain with him and a woman, her name squished between two red heart sand every message he sent ending with an 'x'.

Surely he wouldn't miss you...

One step back, then two and three more, you slipped by a touring class to the next exhibit. When he did look up to see you gone, he simply shrugged and walked off to the next exhibit, assuming you were in the bathroom.

~~~

Taking out your Loki comic, part of the Agent of Asgard series, it was funny to find yourself in the Norse section of the museum. Illuminated screens showed each Norse God and Goddess according to the depictions from the many centuries of mythology. Holding up your comic to the picture of an 18th century depiction, you snicker lightly.

"Much cuter in the comics... no offense," suddenly the lights flickered rapidly, shutting down for a moment before blinding you for a second. "I said no offence!-"

There was a crash behind you; a large book had fallen off a podium of sorts. It was littered with Norse runes, gold flecks reflecting in the light.

Looking around the empty exhibit, you slowly approach it before picking it up and placing it against the wood. Light dust lined the cover which your rub with your sleeve before opening it up. Wishing to read it was not an option as everything was in Norse and there were no translations anywhere, no plaque to describe what this book entailed let alone annotations.

"Weird," turning back to the rest of the room, suddenly a black smoke formed in your peripheral vision. "What the..." palms against your eyes rubbed furiously to double take and make sure what you saw was real.

It oozed like ink down the podium and onto the floor like an unmaintainable force. Slowly it formed around your feet, the source being the inner centre spine of the book. Rattling like a boat on rough waters, an undetectable wind switched pages rapidly until stopping on a chapter about what looked to be about the black smoke itself.

Your finger extended to the pages, one touch causing a hole to appear in the spine and drag you in. "MOTHER F-"

~~~

"Fury," Steve greeted the director as his team followed behind with a new member, Loki, who was on a rehabilitation of sorts. "What's the problem?"

"You needed to all assemble and knowing Stark..."

"He wouldn't have complied if he knew I called," Dr Strange reveals himself from the corner, smirking at Tony's glare. "I need to make sure Loki is under control and Wanda isn't sending waves of magic through the universe,"

"No, Loki's magic is still contained and Wanda has hardly used her magic,"

"Odd..." Strange conjures a portal to grab a book. "Then we have a new player in the game, it could be a random surge or a new enemy-" Strange was suddenly tackled by a figure who appeared from a cloud of black smoke.

The team raised weapons as Hill and Fury grabbed their guns. Strange was dragged back from the figure, a whip of orange magic forming in his hands.

"Hand's up," Steve holds his shield out.

"Fuck," the groan leaving your lips was stopped when you played back the voice. "Chris Evans?" Sitting up, you saw the Avengers cast in costume. "Two explanations, either I'm dreaming or on the set for Avengers 5... where Loki and Pietro are alive??" You crawl back slowly in confusion.

"Alive? What?" Pietro looked pale.

"Or I'm just dreaming... Right, just a dream," you pinch your skin lightly and purse your lips.

"What are you?" Strange raises his magical rope.

"Holy shit!" You back up more, taking into account the floating vision and red glow in Wanda's hands.

"What are you?" Stephen persists. "What master do you serve?"

"What am I supposed to say? Jesus?" holding back the snicker from the reference, you see your bag still on the floor making you reach for it. Suddenly Cap pressed his shield against your neck to stop you.

"Nice try,"

"If this is a dream or not, let me prove it,"

Tony pushes the Captain back, "Prove what?"

"That I'm not from here," hands held high, they lowered to fiddle in the bag and take two comics out; Loki, Agent of Asgard #11 and Quicksilver, No return #3. "Comics... of you guys," tossing them forward they picked it up as you rubbed your sore head.

The team looked over it, Strange furrowing his brow and feeling the displacement of such an object in this universe.

Your wrist was a little broken from the fall but as you soothed the sore skin, you met eyes with Loki and widened them, averting to your wrist.

"Checks out..." Hill laughs. "Looking less greasy, Horns," she holds one comic up to Loki who sneers.

"How did you get here?"

~~~

Welp-

Welp-

Here's another!

- Anna ❤️