29

The Bounty was fired up and we were soon approaching the Wailing Alps. We shivered and complained about the cold. Zane and Cole were fine though because, well they aren't human. Sorry Cole. "Guys, we need down below." We followed Nya inside the Bounty where 5 mechs sat. "Without your mechs, you'll never be able to survive the extreme conditions on your own. I've also installed headsets into your hoods for easy communication. Try it out." Nya told us. 

Jay cleared his throat and asked Zane how tall the mountain was. "The precise elevation of the Wailing Alps be well over three leagues and twenty-eight fathoms," Zane answered with the accent still on.  I sighed, " Jay you better fix his voice soon." "Remember, once you get to the peak, you'll only have one shot to shoot the Blind Man's Eye. Don't miss." Ronin reminded us. Thanks Ronin for the anxiety check.

Cole sighed. " I don't know, guys, you had time to practice. Maybe I should sit this one out." " Don't even think about it Cakey. You might be a ghost, but you are still one of us. We're a team. If Zane can be a robot and one of us, then that means you can be a ghost and be one of us." I told Cole. " And if it weren't for you getting the first clue, we wouldn't even be here." Jay added. 

"So what are you gonna do, Cole? Are you in, or out?" Nya asked. Cole paused and gripped onto the handles of his mech, his hand turning back to flesh. "Open the hangar doors." He told Ronin who did just that. The bottom of the Bounty opened. " Whoo-hoo! Haha. Is anyone else getting a tingling feeling?" Jay asked. " Yeah. Frostbite." Kai looked at the cold mountain in worry.

" Ninja, snow!" We all cheer as we dropped. We landed on our feet but Cole fell into the snow, I asked if he was ok. " Gotta work on that landing. Hey, you sure you want me along? I can hardly control my new body, let alone this piece of metal." Cole complained. "Hey, we all have our bad days. We'll pick you up so next time you can return the favor." Jay smiled.

"Jay be right. The only way we're gettin' up ye mountain is if we be a hardy crew." Zane added. " This isn't about who's a ninja, a Nindroid, or even a ghost. Above all else, we're brothers. And as iron sharpens iron, brother sharpens brother." Holy shit that was actually really inspirational Kai. "All right, brothers, and sister. Let's do this." Cole said as we started up the mountain.

" Heh. Not so bad when you get the hang of it." Cole commented as we made our way up. "So this Sword of Sanctuary. You really think you can see all of your opponents' attacks? If we had that kind of power, not even Morro could stop us." Jay added. " Unless they can control something like time," I mutter. "But if Morro got his hands on it, nothing would stop him, which is why we cannot fail. We just have to keep climbing." Kai added.

"Ugh, Zane. How much further is it to the top?" Kai asked. " Thar be a long way. At least a hundred thousand steps up." Zane. "A hundred thousand? Good thing I'm not counting." Well, Jay was. And it was annoying. What was more annoying. Jay confusing the walloper, or yak I guess, for goats. Stupid. 

Zane spotted out footsteps in the snow, " Arr, look! Tracks!" Pixal informed Zane that the tracks were fresh and to be careful. " Pixal has analyzed ye tracks. We not be the first ones to climb this pass today." Zane relayed this information to us. " You think it was Morro?" Kai questioned. " Who else is insane enough to be here dumbass? It's obviously Morro so get ready for a fight." I huff at Kai's stupid question.

A loud wailing sound blew through the air as the wind tried to push us off the mountain. We tried to hang onto the mountain but were pushed down. Cole almost fell off but Zane used his grappling hook to grab him. We continued to climb up the mountain after almost dying.

" So they are following us." Morro looked at all of us while inside the possessed Samarui X suit. "We're too far ahead. They'll never catch us." Soul Archer told the boy. "What is it, Morro?" Bansha asked, seeing the general not himself. "Lloyd's spirit continues to fight my possession. He's getting stronger." Morro complained.

"You have already lost the Allied Armor, we cannot fail to secure the Sword of Sanctuary," Bansha told him. " We could go faster if you abandon Lloyd's body. These winds don't affect us ghosts." Archer suggested. "Our master would want us to-" Morro cut off Bansha.

 "The Preeminent is not here, I am. And need I remind you only a Spinjitzu Master can find the tomb? If I leave Lloyd's body now, the Sword would be useless. Our master sent me to find the tomb, so until she's freed, you serve me. Understand?!" Morro looked at his allies.

" Yes, Morro." They all said together. " At least let me slow them down. You summoned us for a reason." Bansha suggested to Morro. " Very well. Send them a message. Something they'll hear loud and clear." Morro smirked under his mask. Bansha went to the edge and screeched like the banshee she was. Her screams created an avalanche.

Bansha's screams traveled through the air like a blade. " Now what's that sound?" Jay questioned. Cole suggested another gust and Kai saw the avalanche in front of us. We tried running away but we got caught in the snow. We lost control of our mechs and were failing to you know, not die. 

Jay's mech was destroyed, Kai grabbed onto a tree but the branch snapped and he landed on top of Jay. Zane was trapped in the snow. And me? I was pushed out of my mech from the snow's force and was screaming while hanging onto it.  "What do I do? What do I do? What do you do, Cole? You don't give up." Cole gave himself a quick prep talk before possessing a snowball. He turned into the snow and caught all of us. I watched as my mech slip of the mountain.

We hung onto Zane's mech as Cole lifted us up. " Cakey? Is that you?" I smile. "Just picking you up to return the favor." Cole set the mech down. "You possessed the snow." Kai mentioned as Cole separated from the snow. " Yeah, I guess I did." Cole smiled. "Haha! First, we get Cyclondo, then we get a ghost on our side!" Jay cheered. "  'Tis good to see you smile." Zane mentioned. 

"All right, so we're down four Mechs, but we're up in spirit. Still. How are we gonna catch up? We lost a lot of ground." Kai added. "How about we see what else I can do?" Cole possessed the Ice mech. We got on and Cole started to run up the mountain. "It's like your possession has given his mech boosters," Kai commented.

" Boo-sters? That some sorta ghost joke?" "Haha, glad to see your sense of humor hasn't changed." Kai chuckled. Cole started to climb up the side of the Wailing Alps. " Whoa, Cole, you've transformed it into a spider mech," "You know, this Ghost thing isn't that bad after all." Cole commented as he continued to climb.

Morro was having trouble going up the mountain due to the small amount of space he could step on. " The Hanging Temple. The summit isn't fair." Morro mentioned seeing the temple hanging on the cliff. " Impossible!" Bansha looked down to see us getting closer. "You said you got rid of them." Morro growled. 

" I wiped them off the face of the mountain." She thought she did. " Clearly you didn't wipe hard enough. This thing is slowing me down." Morro jumped out of the mech. " I'll go the rest of the way on my own." Archer mentioned the wind. "I control the wind. You three control the situation. Make sure they never make it to the top." Morro commanded.