9

In the present, we were all seated at a table that was U-shaped. I sat in-between Lloyd and Garmadon since Lloyd is a little jealous butt and didn't want me sitting beside Shade. I stared at the food in front of me that I totally wasn't going to eat. I didn't feel hungry. I actually felt like throwing up. 

"Try the horned wasp eggs. Delicious!" Chen told Lloyd as Kabuki walked around, putting more food down. Lloyd looked at them before passing. " Oh, lighten up, Green Ninja. This isn't a trick. This is a feast to celebrate the nine of you making it to the second round!" The Kabuki laughed except it sounded fake. Those poor girls and guys. 

" And I must congratulate the Master of Shadows's defeat over Master of Poison. She was a bit hard to swallow, am I right?" Chen added on and the Kabuki laughed again. " Laugh harder! Hahaha!" The Kabuki shared a strained look before forcing a harder laugh. I felt really bad for them.

"You can relax, Lloyd. Even if there was a fight, now that we told the others about Chen's dirty plot to steal our Powers, we're safe in our secret alliance." Kai whispered. " About that alliance haha. Shade totally isn't budging." I add in, having to be a bit quieter since he is close.

 " But I thought you two were friends?" " Barely Greenie, barely." I sigh and poke my food with a chopstick. "Well, if you plan to stop Chen, you'll need everyone on board. Each fighter that loses gives him strength. Soon he'll be too powerful for even all of you combined to overcome." Garmadon told us. " Well, that can't happen right?" I gave a forced smile before it returned to a frown.

A Kabuki went to the door and came back with a plate of fortune cookies. "Ooh, fortune cookies! Bring them to me!" Chen told the Kabuki. " But they are for your captured- I mean, honored guests." Clouse corrected himself but I caught that slip-up. 

" I'm not gonna eat them, Clousey Clouse. Just read the fortunes. They're my favorite part." Chen replied, taking a cookie. "Might I warn you our guests are fond of whispering, and I don't think it's about your food. I've heard word they have allied themselves. The ninja have told them about our secret ceremony." Clouse gossiped. "Do they know about the speeell?" Chen kept trying to grab the fortune cookie that Clouse took out of his hands. " No yet, but we must get ahead of this." 

Chen put the cookie back on the plate as the Kabuki walked away to give them to us. "It has come to my attention that there are rumors floating about that I am stealing everyone's power. I am." The others gasp. "But it's all for this staff." Chen clapped and the Kabuki waved their hand fans.  " No no, not you, staff. I mean my real staff." Chen corrected them.

We gasp once more as a staff as a door opened, revealing a staff that was soon brought to Chen. "  The Staff of Elements. It holds the power of your fallen foes, and soon it'll hold all but one. For the last standing in my tournament will win this prize and be the greatest fighter ever in the history in Ninjago!" Chen twisted the truth and people started to whisper. " You lied! What about the spell!" Lloyd shouted and stood up. " Spell? What spell?" Clouse had a smug look.

" Don't believe him, it's just another trick. Neuro read Clouse's mind and saw it. Tell them what you saw, Neuro." Lloyd looked at the Master of Mind. Clouse glared at Neuro. " I-I don't remember. Truthfully, I'm a bit more interested in knowing more about that staff." I going to beat someone up and his name starts with N and ends with O. 

" And why should we be so quick to believe everything you say? How do we know you're not lying to get the staff for yourself?" Now Griffin thinks we are bluffing. " Are you fucking with us right now!?" I stood up. " Really!?" Garmadon had to pull me back down so I don't end up killing the men.

" So much for the alliance." Garmadon sighed. " They believe him over us?" Lloyd was upset and confused. " When we were skating Neuro said we were telling the truth, now he goes against us. I'm ready to murder someone." " But you will not." Garmadon gave me a look that was terrifying. I sigh as a Kabuki started to fan us, or well Jay

"If we're gonna convince anyone, argh, we need proof. Ugh. We need to, oh, find that spell. Would you cut it out!?" Jay told the Kabuki. " Jay, it's me." Nya revealed herself. " Nya?" We all questioned. "Lower your voices. I'm undercover. And to be completely honest, a bit out of my element. And I heard what happened to Cole. That was big of you both." "Love is like war, Nya. Everybody gets hurt." Aw, that's fucking cute but also sad. My poor Jaya ship.

Kai asked if it was just Nya here and she said Dareth was also hear. " Great, that means we have no hope for survival. Yeaaaah." Yeah I didn't trust Dareth with anything. Lloyd nudged me. " If you're undercover, that means you can get close to Clouse's spellbook. All we know is that it's on page 149. I think he might have it in his quarters." Kai told his sister.

" I'll look into it. And it sounds like you have your work cut out for you too." Jay asked how so. " How do you think they found out about your little alliance? Someone in your circle of trust is a spy." Nya whispered. " A spy?" We questioned as Nya left so she wasn't caught.

Skylor walked over to Kai and asked if he knew Nya. "Uh—Know that girl? Uh, of course not. Why? Jealous?" Kai, why would you ever. Ok I'm just gonna, ugh. "My fortune tells me Cole and your friend Zane will be breaking out." Skylor handed Kai the piece of paper. " You're lucky this didn't end up in the wrong hands." She left. 

" He found Zane, I can't believe it. Thanks, Skylor. It's good to know there are some people here we can trust." Kai smiled. " Or think we can trust." I mutter, something about Skylor was off. " A spy? Who do you think it is?" Jay asked and Lloyd suspected Shade. " I can look into him. But in all honesty, I think it might actually be Skylor or Griffin." I add on.

 Kai instantly asked why Skylor. " I don't know, she just seems to always perfectly help us in a way. It's a bit odd, just something about her is odd." I put a chopstick in my mouth to chew on it. " Why Griffin?" Jay asked. " Well, he's fast. He can easily transport information to Chen, Clouse, or someone and get back before we notice he's gone." I continue to chew on the chopstick, breaking it in my mouth. A weird taste enveloped my taste buds and I pulled it out. " Ew."