|35| Master of spontaneous dumb choices

Start from the beginning

Jungkook looked up, his eyes slightly wide.

"What?" The raventte asked.

"...cause its- Huh?" Jimin paused, looking at the Devil with confusion.

"No- what did you say about Detective Kim having separation anxiety?" Jungkook leaned forward on his seat.

Jimin rolled his eyes and looked away, irritated.

"Doesn't look like it right? People say, its because he is cold, he doesn't want people around him. But- its not that he doesn't want them, instead, its just he'd rather not than, not being able to hold onto them-" Jimin shrugged nonchalantly

"Turns out he'd had it a for a while through his early teens- but when his brother died, it took to a whole another level- he left home immidiately to escape himself, enlisted in the military and then gave-"

"Wait. Wait- how do you know all of this?!" Jungkook asked frantically not giving two fucks if he were looking a little too dumb.

Jimin narrowed his eyes at the raventte "isn't it mandatory for me to run a background check on anyone who crosses your path more than 3 times?"

Jungkook slumped on the couch, sighing "Jimin... I want you to forget about Detective Kim's history"

"What? Why?! You always wanted to know this type of stuff- why stop me now? It was because of his brother's death- and the way he died is just-" Jimin continued but Jungkook shushed him up.

"Not another word Jimin. I promised I'd never go looking for the life he lived priveously. And I'd like to keep it like that, even if you know, I don't wanna know anything about it." Jungkook cut in.

Although he desperately wanted to know- he didn't want to push away the vulnerability he had witnessed from the man that day.

He didn't want to ignore any of it and go about his own way.

Jimin exhaled and plopped back on the chair, tired.

"Are you going back? To the Department?" Jimin asked, changing the topic.

"With what face? I'm embarrassed and Detective Kim isn't even picking any of my calls...he really must be mad at me." Jungkook sighed.

"Yeah no shit" Jimin deadpanned "I'm surprised that you're even feeling embarrassed"

Jungkook rolled his eyes and shook his head in dismissal.

"Just stay close to him... if anything goes wrong, then I want you to contact me" Jungkook mumbled, looking at the Demon.

Sighing out loud, the Devil hopped to his feet, ready to pour himself a drink but then he ceased at his feet when a sparkling white light cut through the air on his living room.

Jimin snarled and shielded his eyes from the scorching light whilst, Jungkook stared directly into it, his chin upturned and eyes slightly narrowed.

"Ugh- you..." Jimin voiced out in a distasteful tone.

The Silver Angel blinked boredly at the Demon, before averting his gaze towards the Devil.

"Ah! Brother!" Jungkook exclaimed, a little surprised on the early arrival.

Namjoon pursed his lips, exhaling through his nose.

"What do you have for me?" Jungkook asked, walking around in his robe.

"I looked at what you asked me to... those runes are definitely what you think they are..." Namjoon grimly replied.

"Those were Silver runes?! No wonder I couldn't read them..." Jimin scoffed. "say Namjoon... is the Silver Gates finally falling apart or what?"